GDT: #9 | Sat Oct 19 | Golden Knights @ Pens | 7pm EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder how many Penguin "fans" will be rooting for MAF at the game tonight? They can **** off. I hope he gets yanked after giving up five in the first.

Lets Go Pens! Keep the streak rolling!

We can still appreciate him while still cheering for your own team. It's not unheard of to be fans of players of other teams. I'd be quite fine with Fleury having a good game tied to a loss for him while still rooting for the crest I love. I will also not hate on him if he should win. It's his job.

I feel the same for Kessel and a lot of players who have come and gone.

tumblr_plyrqidsTW1shz3wzo2_500.gif

I 100% agree on keeping the streak rolling and LGP!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I’ve allowed myself to watch Knights games this season and I think the Pens need to set the tone from the beginning. Vegas likes to come out strong and fast in the 1st period.
Even though they grossly outshot the Sens last game, they played the VGK well.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Have a feeling that Cody Glass line is going to spank us. That kid is dope as ****.

Also Theo is on one right now.

Much bigger test than Colorado. Let’s make MAF look dumb.
The Av's are pretty good, I'm not so sure we can conclusively say Vegas is better. In fact I don't believe they are. But tonight being the second of a back to back does make it a huge test.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Av's are pretty good, I'm not so sure we can conclusively say Vegas is better. In fact I don't believe they are. But tonight being the second of a back to back does make it a huge test.

The Avs have been winning games they shouldn’t. As we saw, our top line went toe to toe with their top line and their depth could not compensate.

Vegas has two top lines and their bottom six depth is also great.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
We can still appreciate him while still cheering for your own team. It's not unheard of to be fans of players of other teams. I'd be quite fine with Fleury having a good game tied to a loss for him while still rooting for the crest I love. I will also not hate on him if he should win. It's his job.

I feel the same for Kessel and a lot of players who have come and gone.

tumblr_plyrqidsTW1shz3wzo2_500.gif

I 100% agree on keeping the streak rolling and LGP!

Oh I have no problem still liking former Pens players on other teams. I actually think his number should eventually be retired someday. It's just that I went on the cesspool that is the Pens FB page, big mistake I know, and there are some who are literally rooting for the Knights to win because of MAF being on the team. That's just ridiculous. I don't have a problem with him at all, it's some his fans who are still bitter over Murray taking over as starter while being more happy when the Pens lose with Murray than when they win with him. That's what ticks me off the most. They still feel that he was to blame for the Islanders lost. Nevermind the fact they were only able to score a single goal in the last three games against them. Murray should be criticized when he has a bad game but the MAF's loyalists will never ever give him credit for a good game. Hell, they think that DeSmith is the better goalie :laugh:

I would like to see them score early to see if he gets rattled a bit.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Avs have been winning games they shouldn’t. As we saw, our top line went toe to toe with their top line and their depth could not compensate.

Vegas has two top lines and their bottom six depth is also great.
The Knights are a very good team, but I think the high end talent on the AVs would give them the edge. Both teams are formidable to be sure.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
I knew Vegas was good but never really paid too much attention to their roster. That is an IMPRESSIVE forward group! Gonna be a good one tonight

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
The Knights are a very good team, but I think the high end talent on the AVs would give them the edge. Both teams are formidable to be sure.

I’m not sure the Avs have more high end talent.

You have Stone and Patches and then the Karlsson, Marsh, Smith line.

That’s without getting into players like Glass and who is easily on the reputation level of a prospect as Makar.

Reactions: KIRK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh I have no problem still liking former Pens players on other teams. I actually think his number should eventually be retired someday. It's just that I went on the cesspool that is the Pens FB page, big mistake I know, and there are some who are literally rooting for the Knights to win because of MAF being on the team. That's just ridiculous. I don't have a problem with him at all, it's some his fans who are still bitter over Murray taking over as starter while being more happy when the Pens lose with Murray than when they win with him. That's what ticks me off the most. They still feel that he was to blame for the Islanders lost. Nevermind the fact they were only able to score a single goal in the last three games against them. Murray should be criticized when he has a bad game but the MAF's loyalists will never ever give him credit for a good game. Hell, they think that DeSmith is the better goalie :laugh:

I would like to see them score early to see if he gets rattled a bit.

Facebook is the Devil.

I have an account which I rarely use maybe once a year.

I suggest staying away from such mayhem.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’m not sure the Avs have more high end talent.

You have Stone and Patches and then the Karlsson, Marsh, Smith line.

That’s without getting into players like Glass and who is easily on the reputation level of a prospect as Makar.
Well, I also think the Av's 1-6 are better on the blue line. I'm not real impressed with the Knights defense, particularly with Schmidt out. Mackinnon is the best player on either team. But Stone is one hell of a player himself.

It's certainly a good debate, but I don't think we can conclusively say one way or another as to which team is better. Time will tell. But I wouldn't be shocked if they both make it to the conference finals.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Amazing GDT!

Interesting if they sit JJ. I think he made a huge error on goal #1, but ultimately his game was really solid. I don't think he deserved a seat. I'm just glad it's not Marino rotating out.

I don't think deserve has anything to do with it. The Pens seem to be following a plan with the d where when we play a heavier more physical team Gudbranson comes in, but otherwise JJ plays. This would be in line with that since Vegas has Reaves and has an edge to them in general.

Dollars to donuts JJ gets back in against Florida/Dallas.

Reactions: ColePens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Well, I also think the Av's 1-6 are better on the blue line. I'm not real impressed with the Knights defense, particularly with Schmidt out. Mackinnon is the best player on either team. But Stone is one hell of a player himself.

It's certainly a good debate, but I don't think we can conclusively say one way or another as to which team is better. Time will tell. But I wouldn't be shocked if they both make it to the conference finals.

Not really sure what the Avs D has that the Knights D doesn’t with Schmidt in.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I knew Vegas was good but never really paid too much attention to their roster. That is an IMPRESSIVE forward group! Gonna be a good one tonight

Seattle is expecting the same but no way lol. Teams are already holding prospects back so they don't have to protect them in expansion. And trading dmen away so they dont have to give up a 1st or whatever to avoid them. Alot being done.

But Florida being dumb was a huge reason Vegas started so good. Gave them Marchessault just to take Reilly Smiths contract off their hands. Smart move. And Jackets giving up on Karlssson when he was a legit player...he was only one to score multiple times agaisnt us in that 5 game series win(looked like their best player and on his way to breaking out to at least being 20+ goal scorer). Also got lucky Murray panned out a year or so before expansion or they never get Fleury. Those 4 players made their team. The extra draft picks will help them remain a quality team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Seattle is expecting the same but no way lol. Teams are already holding prospects back so they don't have to protect them in expansion. And trading dmen away so they dont have to give up a 1st or whatever to avoid them. Alot being done.

But Florida being dumb was a huge reason Vegas started so good. Gave them Marchessault just to take Reilly Smiths contract off their hands. Smart move. And Jackets giving up on Karlssson when he was a legit player...he was only one to score multiple times agaisnt us in that 5 game series win(looked like their best player and on his way to breaking out to at least being 20+ goal scorer). Also got lucky Murray panned out a year or so before expansion or they never get Fleury. Those 4 players made their team. The extra draft picks will help them remain a quality team.

I’d go biggest ransoms the Knights got.

# 1: Florida
# 2: Minnesota: Haula and Tuch LOL
# 3: Anaheim: Theodore over Vatanen still blows my mind

Columbus made sense because they gave up a legit piece to get rid of Clarkson.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Engo in Vegas is basically Ian Cole.

McNabb is better than Zadorov.

Theo is like a Girard on steroids.

EJ and Merrill are pretty comparable.

Makar is Schmidt.

Hague also has a ton of pedigree

Def wanted Hague in that draft. Another reason i was pissed at the Reaves trade. But I havent kept up with him since he tore it up draft year +1. You are forgetting Timmins for Avs tho .....who was drafted right before Hague and would be up right now if they needed him. Another dman I wanted. Great skater...

Reactions: Dominance

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I’d go biggest ransoms the Knights got.

# 1: Florida
# 2: Minnesota: Haula and Tuch LOL
# 3: Anaheim: Theodore over Vatanen still blows my mind

Columbus made sense because they gave up a legit piece to get rid of Clarkson.

Good Lord...forgot about Minny lol. #3 Looks bad now but it was tough at the time. Theo wth higher upside of course but Vatanen looked ljke sure thing. Still may be...if he can get healthy. Hes a FA...i hope Devs let him go. Or we work out a deal with Shero(throw him Simon and ZAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad