GDT: 9/19/13 | Preseason | Wild @ Jets | 7PM CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
not that i'm defending him, but that one extra roughing was ********. and he should have actually drawn one by refusing to fight kane, who clearly interfered with him. medvec i mean.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This would be my list...plus Fontaine, Brodziak, and Stoner.

Considering that Stoner and Dumba were the first pairing tonight playing hard minutes, I liked what I saw.

I thought Dumba - Blum was our first pairing?

LOL at Bob Kurtz and Tom Reid calling Setoguchi invisible...

Except when he gained our zone... Blew a tire... Then turned over the puck. :laugh:

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
stupid hit by medvec. it was irresponsible for sure but it certainly wasn't that vicious. I dont think Im gonna like Evander Kane that much...

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Dumba IMO was the most impressive tonight. Granlund, Coyle, Stoner, Haula, Nino, Brodz and Fontaine all played well

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Medvec wasn't bad, but i wouldn't say anyone on D stood out as good other than Dumba in the "whole-game" sense. Medvec was great in clearing out the crease, Prosser was good at mucking it up around the goalie.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Dumba was outstanding..you can see glimpses of that high ceiling. Granlund,Niño as well..love his bull rush to the net philosophy. Coyle was coyle.. Haula was a pleasant surprise for me..quicker that I thought too

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Pretty good game to many penalties though. Also fan who actually cheer for their team instead of booing.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Why? If he makes team likely pushes stoner to 7th guy. Which is good. No way will Dumba make it and not be in a big role though. I hope he makes it. He's sure been fun so far this Preaseason.

Because of what you stated. He won't make the team unless he's in a top 3-4 role. I concur. So, do we think he'll beat out Spurgeon or Ballard? It's hard to say.

I really want him to make the team too, I'm probably still ingrained with prospects being rushed under Riser. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Because of what you stated. He won't make the team unless he's in a top 3-4 role. I concur. So, do we think he'll beat out Spurgeon or Ballard? It's hard to say.

I really want him to make the team too, I'm probably still ingrained with prospects being rushed under Riser. :laugh:

I think he makes the team as long as he plays every night. 5th-6th wouldn't be bad for him to start with IMO, as long as he's not sitting in the press box. Allows him to improve and maybe move up the lineup too.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio

Wild-bench-300x200.jpg

Audio from Coach Yeo, Charlie Coyle and Mathew Dumba.

To listen click here.

Gonna be a great rivalry.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I think most sensible people never jumped off in the first place. Just a vocal minority as usual.

You're probably right. For awhile it seemed as if there were only 5 posters who still had faith in him. Especially with Trouba stepping up. Either way, happy to see him do well. Get back in line, haterzzzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad