GDT: 800 vs 801 (Ovi vs Mr Hockey) 7 pm Dec 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Glad this thread got started early. Good work.

This will be my third game in a row to see the record fall (and there on Friday as well). Have worn my Black Reverse Retro OV jersey the last two games. Might switch it up tonight and go with my Backstrom Blue jersey since team is wearing those tonight. Is this the right move?

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY

This will be my third game in a row to see the record fall (and there on Friday as well). Have worn my Black Reverse Retro OV jersey the last two games. Might switch it up tonight and go with my Backstrom Blue jersey since team is wearing those tonight. Is this the right move?
Yea definitely switch it up this time.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Go with your gut…..and your best sweater (to perfectly cover said gut)

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Woodrow.

Attachments

• GordieHowe[1].png
    GordieHowe[1].png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Not a fan of that third line. But I’m also not a fan of NAK, I don’t understand what people see in him.

I like his hustle and willingness to shoot the puck....same reason I like Milano. They balance out our other players who play too cute and are seeking the perfect play/pass. blah blah. Probably why their total shot count is up lately? :dunno:

Reactions: Neil Racki

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I like his hustle and willingness to shoot the puck....same reason I like Milano. They balance out our other players who play too cute and are seeking the perfect play/pass. blah blah. Probably why their total shot count is up lately? :dunno:

Problem is guy is penalty central. He always does something dumb.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Problem is guy is penalty central. He always does something dumb.

He has 7 PIMs in 7 games. 5 for the hit against the Bolts and 1 other penalty. So 'always'? Nah

Maybe you're thinking of Hath who has 35 PIMs in 35 games. Kuzy and Eller at 22, Dowd at 18, and Oshie with 17 PIMs in 20 games.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
NAK just seems like meh to me. He may be willing to shot but his shot doesn't appear dangerous. I do get tired of Dowd/Hathaway dumb penalties though so he's guilty by 4th line association.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
He has 7 PIMs in 7 games. 5 for the hit against the Bolts and 1 other penalty. So 'always'? Nah

Maybe you're thinking of Hath who has 35 PIMs in 35 games. Kuzy and Eller at 22, Dowd at 18, and Oshie with 17 PIMs in 20 games.

Over his career NAK's GAR/60 when it comes to penalty differential is the 5th worst among all forwards (out of 430 total qualified forwards). Only the Ritchie brothers, Zack Kassian, and Zack Smith are/were worse.

So yeah, it's fair to say he does a lot of dumb stuff!

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Over his career NAK's GAR/60 when it comes to penalty differential is the 5th worst among all forwards (out of 430 total qualified forwards). Only the Ritchie brothers, Zack Kassian, and Zack Smith are/were worse.

So yeah, it's fair to say he does a lot of dumb stuff!

Nice insight. I don't like how quickly we gave up on Snively; that NAK instantly leapfrogged him and went right back to the spot ahead of him in relief despite the dipshit gooning it up in his first game here.

I don't really give a shit about NAK either way. He's fine. But he's another body in the way of our team properly evaluating youth before dismissing them.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Gustaffson-Carlson pairing ... has that been a thing for a few games?

2 of our not defensive oriented D guys right there

Snively - also liked him and his speed a lot. Why re sign him last year? Lavi's dog house is a weird place.

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Nice insight. I don't like how quickly we gave up on Snively; that NAK instantly leapfrogged him and went right back to the spot ahead of him in relief despite the dipshit gooning it up in his first game here.

I don't really give a shit about NAK either way. He's fine. But he's another body in the way of our team properly evaluating youth before dismissing them.
I like Snively a lot. Not sure what has happened here. But he is pretty one dimensional in that he has to be a middle 6. NAK plays two roles (4th line and 3rd line). If Dowd doesn’t play tonight then Snively should be in at 3LW, Protas at 3C and Mojo at 3RW. NAK on 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->