GDT: #56 – Oilers at Sabres – Mon Feb 3 – 7:00 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR-550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Victory!!

We're effectively seven points behind Edmonton right now. (We're not going to catch them in ROW's given we're now 8 behind.)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Huge 4 points!

It was difficult to watch that game. A small part of me was actually hoping to lose. I know the tank crowd has been riding that wave for a few months, but it's a gut wrenching feeling for me. A bitter sweet result to say the least.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
For God's sake, can't someone cover for poor Duffer? Dude's got nothing left.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's tough. You want the better draft pick, but you want your younger players to gain confidence.

They played alright. Winning and losing shouldn't be the main difference maker in their confidence, not if they're competitive and making plays. They were that tonight, they weren't against Colorado. That's a bigger difference than the result imo.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Disagree. The less grey area on calls the better. You either blew it or you didn't.

It's not as grey an area as people make it out to be. The refs know when they're moving the whistle to blow it. I have no problem with them getting rid of the rule but it's not really a big issue; the bigger issue is how quickly some refs sometimes choose to end the play. That'd still be the case with or without the rule.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
It was difficult to watch that game. A small part of me was actually hoping to lose. I know the tank crowd has been riding that wave for a few months, but it's a gut wrenching feeling for me. A bitter sweet result to say the least.

I've writen off this season and at minimum next season. Even if we get Reinhart and a couple others in the first round, we'll not right this ship for a couple years yet. Might as well lose now, get our high draft picks, then develop them over the next few years.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
It's not as grey an area as people make it out to be. The refs know when they're moving the whistle to blow it. I have no problem with them getting rid of the rule but it's not really a big issue; the bigger issue is how quickly some refs sometimes choose to end the play. That'd still be the case with or without the rule.

What was preventing that ref from blowing the whistle when he intended to? It was in his mouth the entire time.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What was preventing that ref from blowing the whistle when he intended to? It was in his mouth the entire time.

Wanted to wait and make sure the puck was frozen. Once he saw it in the net, then he knew the play was dead. :sarcasm:

Doesn't bother me much in this game though. Was an important one to lose for the tank.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007

FFS, watch the clip above - the ref has the whistle tied to his left hand, and brings it to his mouth to blow the play dead. You just making stuff up for fun now?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Welcome to the tank crowd. I know you are close.
Another 109 games of this..... I know you will be begging for mercy before the end.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
FFS, watch the clip above - the ref has the whistle tied to his left hand, and brings it to his mouth to blow the play dead. You just making stuff up for fun now?

I'm just trying to get on the refs level of making up ****. Either way it was an early (intended) whistle that should've been a goal.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Welcome to the tank crowd. I know you are close.
Another 109 games of this..... I know you will be begging for mercy before the end.

Nope. I'll never be part of the tank crowd. I understand this team is going to be miserable to end the year, and probably next year too, but I won't root for losses. If we end up with a couple top-3 picks...cool. I'm expecting it. But I don't think they're a necessity, and i think acquiring veterans who lead by example and can fill roles until the rookies are ready is crucial. Some times adding those type of players can hurt the tank.

That debate is for another time in another thread, though...

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
Watching the Omark after the game interview am happy to hear his english improved substantially.
And do you guys think Omark will get another shoot? Didnt create a ton, but he did play a bit better overall and defensivly and had maybe a bit more of a jump today.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Game Recap and Postgame Interviews

NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Edmonton Oilers @ Buffalo Sabres

Sabres PR Post-Game Report: 2/3 vs. EDM

GAME RECAP: STAFFORD SCORES AGAINST OILERS IN RETURN

[NHL]555217[/NHL]
Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 3-2 loss.

[NHL]555208[/NHL]
Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss.

[NHL]555245[/NHL]
Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss.

[NHL]555226[/NHL]
Linus Omark speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss.

[NHL]555219[/NHL]
Steve Ott speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Watching the Omark after the game interview am happy to hear his english improved substantially.
And do you guys think Omark will get another shoot? Didnt create a ton, but he did play a bit better overall and defensivly and had maybe a bit more of a jump today.

He looks a bit rattled both on the ice and during the interview when asked about his defensive game. Its obvious he lack some confidence and need to play with more grit. To me it also looks like he is weaker on the puck now compared to when he came to NHL. He did get more involved in the game in the 3rd and for a guy who has been "a league scoring winner" he needs to step up and be a part of the success and not look for someone else to do it.

I hope he gets another chance but needs to raise his level a couple of steps and stop worrying to much about failing. He needs to be better and he cant be better if he doesn't try.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad