GDT: #55: Flyers at Rangers, Sunday, February 14, 2016, 7:30 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
I didn't say we were deep. You have to play with what you have. I think we have enough to make the playoffs. We are trying to play a finesse game without finesse players, that's the problem. Stop passing up on shots, shoot and crash the net.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
If you watched the game yesterday how many times did the Devils crash the net and how many times did the Flyers? Like I said we are trying to make highlight plays instead of scoring.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
One of my biggest annoyances: People yelling SHOOT.

If you shoot it into a guys legs and he blocks it and goes down the ice the other way and scores...you were better off passing and finding an actual shooting lane.

I agree, yet, sometimes they do need to shoot and spend too much time passing. Ghost has remedied that by pulling the trigger the moment he sees any lane.

Before, they sometimes had games they were too chicken to pull the trigger (Re: Voracek).

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Not happy that Manning is out tonight. This game has the potential to be a powder keg, so you dress our two softest D-men??? Other than yesterday, Manning has been fine playing his role the past 10 games or so he has dressed. No, he's not the best fighter, but at least he will stand up at the blueline and try to get involved if something breaks out. AMac and Meds? Good luck.

daggs94

Jul 25, 2011
NY
Here's hoping Simmonds drops the gloves with McIlrath, I want a physical game, best of luck flyer fans

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
With all the hype about fighting in tonight's game be prepared for the refs to call it tight which we all know doesn't bode well for the Flyers.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Not happy that Manning is out tonight. This game has the potential to be a powder keg, so you dress our two softest D-men??? Other than yesterday, Manning has been fine playing his role the past 10 games or so he has dressed. No, he's not the best fighter, but at least he will stand up at the blueline and try to get involved if something breaks out. AMac and Meds? Good luck.

Because the Rangers aren't tough.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The only kind of physicality I'm worried about is Kreider running Mason.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

[no] Manning is god awful. He got beat up so there goes his "physical" presence. He fanned on clearing the zone that lead to a nj goal. There goes his defense (which by the way is his position). And he has 3 points. Isn't he suppose to be an offensive defenseman?

So with little to no physical attributes, awful d and no offense. What does he bring?

Last edited by a moderator:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Flyers from top to bottom will be flat in the first and then play good the rest lol. Never seen bad periods here in philly lately lol. Right when we need push.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

You've used all your shots on McDavid this season already

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
Season is over.. I wouldn't mind a flying Gudas center ice hit on one of their crybabies.

oops, did I say that out loud?

As long it is a legal hit!:nod: The rags are going to come out gunning for Simmer so the boys need to be cool and make them pay for their mistakes. Get your popcorn ready for this one:popcorn:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Great analysis from BSH:

The Manning-Gudas pairing experiment needs to come to an end. Both players have the same weakness - below-average puck skills - which proves to be a disaster when opponents employ an aggressive forecheck. Manning and Gudas have enough trouble engineering clean breakouts while under no pressure. Force the pair to make plays while under a relentless attack (as the Devils employed at times yesterday) and the result is failed zone exits and extended attack time for the opposition. Ideally, a defensive pairing has two players adept at passing and skating, but at the very least, viable pairs need at least one player with that skillset.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Great analysis from BSH:

The Manning-Gudas pairing experiment needs to come to an end. Both players have the same weakness - below-average puck skills - which proves to be a disaster when opponents employ an aggressive forecheck. Manning and Gudas have enough trouble engineering clean breakouts while under no pressure. Force the pair to make plays while under a relentless attack (as the Devils employed at times yesterday) and the result is failed zone exits and extended attack time for the opposition. Ideally, a defensive pairing has two players adept at passing and skating, but at the very least, viable pairs need at least one player with that skillset.

Yeh, when Radko Gudas is the best skater/puckmover on a pairing... well... that pairing is not going to be very good.

Since being paired with Manning he has generally had to skate the puck out himself/make tough outlets... when he was with Del Zotto he would just make the simple play and pass to Del Zotto if there was no quick spring pass in to the neutral zone without danger.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Like every fan base in sports we like to complain about officiating and lots of it is deserved. But we're also honest enough to complain about our team when they play crappy. I thought that's what these boards were for. Take all that away and why are we here?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Like every fan base in sports we like to complain about officiating and lots of it is deserved. But we're also honest enough to complain about our team when they play crappy. I thought that's what these boards were for. Take all that away and why are we here?

I don't even bother with voicing that part anymore, it's just on assumption.

I guess that can make me look bad to other fanbases. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad