GDT: #50| Flyers vs. Pens|Tue, Feb. 15 (7:00PM) PPG|Gritty wants to ride with Three Amigos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Today...Yes? No?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
:flyers17-27-5 VS. 30-11-8:pens

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS @ PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
Tuesday, Feb. 15 (7:00PM) PPG

GAME CENTER |GAME PREVIEW

LINEUPS

:pens

Guentzel - 500 - Rust
McGinn - Malkin - Kapanen
Heinen - Carter - E-Rod
ZAR - Boyle - Simon

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Matheson - Ruhwedel

DeSmith - Jarry

WE ARE THE THREE AMIGOS
XjePmrH.gif

And I guess, Gritty, too..

:flyers

Lindblom - Giroux - Atkinson
JVR - Laughton - Konecny
Ratcliffe - Frost - William
Cates - Bunnaman - Macewen

Provorov - Braun
Sanheim - Seeler
Yandle - Connauton

HART - Jones

The Flyers are loaded with injuries, and as always, lineups are subject to change.

QXIPZhL.jpg

Attachments

• Pittsburgh.png
    Pittsburgh.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sid is absolutely going to score tomorrow, no jinx.

Looking at ZAR and Simon’s stats makes me hungry for a donut.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Wonder when the Kapanen+ trade for Giroux happens
Hopefully, Brett Hextall wakes sleepy up from hibernation as the deadline approaches. I bet he waits to see what the other teams in division do first before he makes a move.

But Philly is one of the two teams he is allowed to trade with, so it could happen. I’m not sure if he wants to deal with Philly or Philly wants to deal with him after the Clarke interview.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hopefully, Brett Hextall wakes sleepy up from hibernation as the deadline approaches. I bet he waits to see what the other teams in division do first before he makes a move.

But Philly is one of the two teams he is allowed to trade with, so it could happen. I’m not sure if he wants to deal with Philly or Philly wants to deal with him after the Clarke interview.

He’s traded with Chicago and Toronto this season.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s traded with Chicago and Toronto this season.
I wouldn’t really classify what he did with Toronto as a trade - it was more of a donation. I’m not sure why he bothered acquiring a skilled player like Nylander that will never get a chance, thanks to Zar and Simon.

We need a mass Covid outbreak for him to get a shot.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I wouldn’t really classify what he did with Toronto as a trade - it was more of a donation. I’m not sure why he bothered acquiring a skilled player like Nylander that will never get a chance, thanks to Zar and Simon.

We need a mass Covid outbreak for him to get a shot.

What is it that you enjoy about this team?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What is it that you enjoy about this team?
I enjoy Sid, Geno, Letang. I love hockey with a passion, but I just see two idiots in place with Sully and Hextall. I feel like we missed an opportunity to try some AHL guys over two complete idiot players.

I still get butterflies watching old highlights from the 1990’s and 2009. Sully and Hextall make it more challenging though. I feel like we’ve been so uncreative and lazy for two years. Sully and a lot of the team is just stale to me.

I just feel like we could get bounced in the first round again and almost no changes would be made, but the fan base would be okay with that. Sleepy is letting the chips fall! It’s ok!

It’s also weird to me that this management team won’t trade prospects or picks, but also won’t try AHL players ahead of ECHL players.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I enjoy Sid, Geno, Letang. I love hockey with a passion, but I just see two idiots in place with Sully and Hextall. I feel like we missed an opportunity to try some AHL guys over two complete idiot players.

I still get butterflies watching old highlights from the 1990’s and 2009. Sully and Hextall make it more challenging though. I feel like we’ve been so uncreative and lazy for two years. Sully and a lot of the team is just stale to me.

I just feel like we could get bounced in the first round again and almost no changes would be made, but the fan base would be okay with that. Sleepy is letting the chips fall! It’s ok!

It’s also weird to me that this management team won’t trade prospects or picks, but also won’t try AHL players ahead of ECHL players.

75% of the league is bounced in the 1st round.

Drew O’Connor likely would’ve played as many games as Rust and Sheary did in 15-16 if not injured.

Who are these ECHL players?

Reactions: RSPens

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Drew O’Connor likely would’ve played as many games as Rust and Sheary did in 15-16 if not injured.

The stat donut brothers, Simon and ZAR.

RSPens

May 25, 2015

I'm sure you already know...but you need to realize who you are talking to. The Pens just beat a franchise that hadn't lost on a Super Bowl Sunday since they were the Rockies. A game in which most analysts are praising the 4th line for carrying the Pens and yet here is Pens x all "sleepy this", "ECHL player that". He's just not happy with this team regardless of the outcome. However, to entertain him a little, I ask again, why do we keep hearing about how all the players love playing with Simon? If Dom sucks as much as Pens x claims, then why do NHL players want him on their line? As for Boyle, anyone can easily go back and see that I was not a fan of signing Boyle. In fact I know I got into it at least once with Gurglesons over it. However, even though I figured it was a waste of everyone's time to even give him a shot, I don't know how anyone could even consider saying that Boyle hasn't earned his ice time here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What about Simon and ZAR?

Last time ZAR played more than a handful of games in the AHL he had 29 points in 41 games which is comparable to what Puusy has done there.

Simon was even better.
That's what people don't understand. AHL scorers don't necessarily translate to NHL scorers. And you're right both Simon and ZAR produced well in WB. Not sure why anyone thinks the new flavors of the month would be any better. OR be as effective away from the puck and diligent defensively.

That's not to say I like ZAR or Simon, but I don't necessarily believe the answers are down in WB.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
That's what people don't understand. AHL scorers don't necessarily translate to NHL scorers. And you're right both Simon and ZAR produced well in WB. Not sure why anyone thinks the new flavors of the month would be any better. OR be as effective away from the puck and diligent defensively.

That's not to say I like ZAR or Simon, but I don't necessarily believe the answers are down in WB.

I'm a simple man. I see Zohorna sitting for these two and am steadfast he's a better player. The rest is obviously debatable with AHL players.

My biggest gripe is them not being rotated out to keep competition and rewarding good play.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What about Simon and ZAR?

Last time ZAR played more than a handful of games in the AHL he had 29 points in 41 games which is comparable to what Puusy has done there.

Simon was even better.
Then send them down to the AHL to help WBS.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm a simple man. I see Zohorna sitting for these two and am steadfast he's a better player. The rest is obviously debatable with AHL players.

My biggest gripe is them not being rotated out to keep competition and rewarding good play.
Because the media hasn’t turned on Sully and dans continue to pretend it’s still 2017 when it comes to him and this team.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Z has put up no production with PP time and better line mates so.

Maybe if he was given more than 8 games? He's also sitting around CF% of 69.

He's a better hockey player. If you don't agree we just view the game differently and that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad