GDT: 5/24/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Pittsburgh VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 6]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Just hoping for a strong effort from our forwards. We need a strong forecheck to beat up their defense, which is a lot weaker without Daley.

The Jumping Shrimp

Oct 28, 2009
Ok let's review, did I ****ing mention Callahan in my post? No, I was implying that our overall top 9 has been better offensively in the last two games because of the upgrades. Now since you have returned you managed to tell me to stop posting to a comment about our top 9 being better, and you manage to call one of Macho man's post ludicrous. So keep it up dude.

My god, do you really think people are that stupid? If Callahan was on the fourth line you'd be talking about how good the top 12 is. It's ALWAYS about Callahan with you, even if use his name or not.

In terms of the ludicrous comment, we all know how you feel about Paquette. What team is better, a team with it's regular season leading goal scorer or a team with Cedric Paquette?

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Striking in the first minute like we did in G4 would be nice again. Need to take the wind out of their sails early.

Their goalie situation is a mess. Score early and score often, keep the pedal down, and don't turtle this time.

GO BOLTS!!

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
Striking in the first minute like we did in G4 would be nice again. Need to take the wind out of their sails early.

GO BOLTS!!

Penguin_Strike.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Like in all of our elimination games our goalie needs to have a big game. Get that rebound under control. Our forwards need to get shots through. Defense needs to limit the odd man rushes and keep their shots to the outside. If we can do these things I'm confident that they can win tonight and end this for good.

One thing about vasy is the more he plays the better he looks

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It's my birthday tomorrow and just like last year I'd love to start it with a good win. Either way though I just want to team to come out and work hard and strike quickly while showing no mercy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He reduced them last start and he is awesome and making those second saves

Also need the D to protect him better, not leave him out to dry. Carle played less than 10 mins last game, and was impressed with Koek. Give the kid more mins.

Oh and happy early Birthday, Brie!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Also need the D to protect him better, not leave him out to dry. Carle played less than 10 mins last game, and was impressed with Koek. Give the kid more mins.

I think if they can play better around the net they will be fine. A lot of the pens goals have been from close in.

When he allows those rebounds they go right to a pens player. We need to do a good job of clearing that out so that our defender can get possession.

Really need a strong performance from our back end tonight. I trust our offense to get some goals. Their defense isn't that good. Our guys are capable of taking advantage of their chances.

However pens are a good team they will get chances. Just have to make sure we limit them and take care of everything in front of our net.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Thank you and I agree with this, eed to help out Vasy more. I can't imagine that he will be able to win us a game if we play like we did in game 5 against DRW for example where we sucked until the final 2 minutes and Bish kept us in, can't expect that from Vasy, I'd like us to try and play more like we did in game 5 against NYI though they are a different team than the Pens but it's important that we control play and work hard to create chances of our own.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
It's my birthday tomorrow and just like last year I'd love to start it with a good win. Either way though I just want to team to come out and work hard and strike quickly while showing no mercy.

You and Matt Murray have the same birthday.

KuchMeImDreamin

May 11, 2016
"Sullivan confirms that Murray will start." via Twitter

meh, don't think it affects the boy's gameplan in the least.
GO Bolts!!

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014

Days of 04: where do you get this official-looking printup? Are these announced lines? I can never find this online.

I was hoping they used the line pairings from game 4. I like Kucherov on that first line. I also liked Cally on the line with Boyle but I guess spreading around the forecheck is good.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Let's go BOLTS!!! Expecting fine effort for the boys tonight...hopefully we can come out with the W. Hope the officials play a straight game instead of the awful crap we've been seeing all series long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad