GDT: 5/17/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 4]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Whatever bad period. Shake it off and start fresh. The Capitals literally needed 4 straight power plays to shift the momentum of this game. All that response and nothing to show for it. The law of averages drastically favors us right now. Just score on the next PP

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I can’t believe Stralman didn’t draw a penalty there. They have 4 and we have 1. This is rediculous.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
This series is gonna come down to this 3rd period. We’ll see what this team is made of.
I agree with you.
The next period will be the most important so far in the playoffs.
If we really want to win the Stanley Cup, I think we've to step up our game in the next 20 minutes. And come home with a 2-2 series.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Alright, we survived the period. We're not stuck playing catch-up and we're in a position to completely reset.

Hot take: they haven't looked dangerous offensively. They have a ton of possession but they're mostly stuck to the perimeter. The bad part about this is that we're exhausting ourselves chasing the puck and aren't getting proper rushes of our own going. We dump the puck but don't have the energy to win the puck battles. This intermission is so necessary

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Killorn still being in the lineup is straight up ludicrous at this point. There is not one legitimate reason he should be in over Conacher.

Cooper has no brain.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Damn - lucky to get out of that period tied. Refs aren't doing us any favors but ****, neither are we.

Looked better out of the last TV timeout though, so that's somewhat promising.

If you see Killorn out in the parking lot, let him know the 3rd period is starting. In game 4. Could really use a goal or some forechecking.

Reactions: Hint1k

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
13:29 SOG after the 2nd.
I double-checked and yeah, it's not South Korea vs Canada.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
We're just getting completely out skated and that's not acceptable. It feels like the Caps are first to every puck.

Because they are. They’re also outshooting, outmuscling, outworking, and outcoaching us. It seems they want this game more than we do, plain and simple.

We can bitch about the shitty refs but honestly when we play like this and only Vasy looks good we don’t deserve to win

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We were never gonna get momentum before the intermission or TV timeouts. Once a team gets possession like that they've got the open to set up rush after rush because the sequences begin on the back of the other team being on the ropes and forced to clear it and of course the team on the rush quickly counters and the whole issue just spin cycles

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Killorn being labeled a power forward is an insult to legitimate power forwards in this league. How is Erne not in or Conacher or Pecca instead of that slug. We might as well dress 11 offensive players instead of him out there. Hopefully they come out different in the 3rd than the last 30 minutes of crap. So lucky to still be tied in this game.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
I agree with you.
The next period will be the most important so far in the playoffs.
If we really want to win the Stanley Cup, I think we've to step up our game in the next 20 minutes. And come home with a 2-2 series.

We will see who wants it more. If they play the 3rd like they did the 2nd, probably not worth watching game 5

Reactions: Fabiobest

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cooper is going to ride our vets into the ground instead of giving the young guys more minutes.

Just watch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Point line is gonna be fresh as a daisy come 3rd period. Ovechkin already has 16 minutes TOI and is getting frustrated meanwhile we've got a line with half the time right now. I'm surprisingly optimistic of our chances right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad