OT: 4th Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League (IN TURMOIL)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I don’t know why you keep sarcastically calling him that to mock me, he is widely regarded as the GOAT of bangers leagues. Look it up. This duo outscored the McDavid duo last season. Loki will not want to make the trade again after your guys meltdown over it.
I am mocking you not because I don't understand it is true, but because you are sperging out over not being able to trade away the best bangers cats player for McDavid.

Do you think someone is going to want to make a trade after several people had a meltdown over it, vetoed it & told him he got robbed?
You can force the trade as commish yes? I don't think Loki is going to care.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I won't comment on the trade since I'm not in the league and it isn't my place but you guys will figure this out. Take a deep breath Ed, no need to nuke the league.

Reactions: Ail

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I am mocking you not because I don't understand it is true, but because you are sperging out over not being able to trade away the best bangers cats player for McDavid.

You can force the trade as commish yes? I don't think Loki is going to care.
You cannot force a trade after it has already been veto’d.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can you force Miller for McD and Brady for Brady separately?
It worked, but it counted against Loki & my adds.
Veto process has now been changed to majority wins instead of 1/3.

I'm sure you guys are still angry though so I don't know how I feel about this. Make your voice heard publicly here if you still want this trade to be overturned. It really is a fair trade, especially with our league settings; as I've proven with objective statistics. This is NOT what the rule is intended for, read any fantasy boards online.

Reactions: Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

I'm sure you guys are still angry though so I don't know how I feel about this. Make your voice heard publicly here if you still want this trade to be overturned. It really is a fair trade, especially with our league settings; as I've proven with objective statistics. This is NOT what the rule is intended for, read any fantasy boards online.
I'm not angry even a little, it's a for fun league. Yeah it should be active and competitive but it needs to be fun, that's it.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I thought we were going to revote....How many people originally voted no?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm good to go with the flow. I don't always like the shit that goes down in this league, but in the end I do have fun and like playing with you guys, so whatever everyone else decides I'm good with.

I missed that whole last page and just saw the waiver claims going through. So I don't know what was supposed to happen or not happen.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I thought we were going to revote....How many people originally voted no?
It doesn't tell me. I presume 4 or 5. I don't think there would be a majority especially with some who voted against it saying they'd be fine with it going through. This is absolutely not what the rule is for. Just google "What is Veto for in fantasy reddit" and read all the threads. It is absolutely unanimous that it is only for collusion and that it goes against the nature of fantasy sports to vote against trades just because you think one team won it. Another is experienced GM's taking advantage of people who don't know much about the sport and bending them over. This is a group who knows each other, who talk all the time; regardless of how much we may call each other dumb we're in the top 1% of dedicated knowledgable hockey fans. There is nobody being taken advantage of, we all know about all the players in the league. There is nobody running multiple teams, there are no two friends helping each other screw someone else over.

I don't believe I have ever voted against a trade even though there has been some I thought had a clear winner. Usually you're going to have an opinion one way or the other.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That was a really insane temper tantrum to throw Ed when you clearly lost the trade by trading away the greatest player in the history of fantasy hockey banger leagues. Something doesn’t pass the smell test Jack. Hmmmmmmm.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
So for all you know at least 5 people voted no....who's to say we didn't have at least 7 people vote against it? Whatever the trade veto button is used for in other leagues is irrelevant to me, honestly. My opinion was that the trade wass unbalanced, not sour grapes that I didn't get to make Loki an offer or vice versa. I can't speak for anyone else, but If 7 or more GMs felt like I did, it's not collusion or FOMO.

Look I think the trade sucks, but I don't want to ruin the harmony of the league. I like doing fantasy with you guys..it's a good distraction from my crazed work existence that is currently ongoing. If you getting your way is going to keep the status quo, I frankly don't care enough to end the league over it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The idea that the veto only functions as a check against collusion seems ridiculous. If there’s a completely lopsided trade that for whatever reason has been proposed in our league and it’s not because of collusion should people just allow the trade to go through? That’s absurd. I don’t think the proposed trade is one of those instances but the concept of the veto as solely a check against collusion doesn’t make sense.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So for all you know at least 5 people voted no....who's to say we didn't have at least 7 people vote against it? Whatever the trade veto button is used for in other leagues is irrelevant to me, honestly. My opinion was that the trade wass unbalanced, not sour grapes that I didn't get to make Loki an offer or vice versa. I can't speak for anyone else, but If 7 or more GMs felt like I did, it's not collusion or FOMO.

Look I think the trade sucks, but I don't want to ruin the harmony of the league. I like doing fantasy with you guys..it's a good distraction from my crazed work existence that is currently ongoing. If you getting your way is going to keep the status quo, I frankly don't care enough to end the league over it.
Ail suggested just pushing it through and multiple posters were saying they're fine with it now, but go ahead and vote publicly then; none of the players involved play today anyway. This is objectively NOT an unfair trade, by every single available metric. His side of the trade OUTSCORED mine by our league settings last year.

Last season
Brady Tkachuk: 985.30
Brady Skjei: 559.00
Total: 1,544.30

Connor McDavid: 1,036.70
K'Andre Miller: 444.90
Total: 1,481.60

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 12.25.34 PM.png

The fact you can overturn this, makes this league a joke.

@bobbop @nyr2k2 @DialUp @Ail @Kupo @Cmox @UAGoalieGuy @Taluss @haveandare @Boris Zubov @DanielBrassard @Igor Shestyorkin

Vote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad