Post-Game Talk: #41: Bruins at Flyers, Wednesday, January 13, 2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Milbury is the last person I'd expect to want fighting gone.

This is true, and while I don't really agree about removing fighting (or with nearly anything he says), I gotta say I respect him for lobbying against a part of the game he clearly loves for the sake of players' health.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
They're paying him to be Skip Bayless.

Idiot who says idiotic/inflammatory things to attract viewers who will get mad/poke fun at the idiot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Idiot who says idiotic/inflammatory things to attract viewers who will get mad/poke fun at the idiot.

That's pretty much how it is now a days with tv. You set up one guy who says edgy stuff (Milbury) with another guy who's level headed (Jones) so it's not too much over the top.

But sometimes you just go for it all & let two idiots run wild like ESPN does with Skip & Stephen A.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos

True I guess but you won't see Skip Bayless on Monday Night Football preview spewing this ********.

Imagine the NFL/NBA/MLB having analysts during preview or halftime like Milbury. it's ****ing bush league. WTF is NBC thinking?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
True I guess but you won't see Skip Bayless on Monday Night Football preview spewing this ********.

Imagine the NFL/NBA/MLB having analysts during preview or halftime like Milbury. it's ****ing bush league. WTF is NBC thinking?

He's basically the US' version of Don Cherry. He's there just to piss people off.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Awesome win!

The captains all stepped up.

Couturier and Bergeron cancelled each other out unsurprisingly lol.

Mason was outstanding. He is looking like the Mase from last year. Really working hard, fighting for sight lines, etc.

VandeVelde is butt.

The PP has hit rock bottom.

It needs Ghost back in a hurry.

Very satisfiying night..I won my first mens league game of the season 7-6, and even pulled a Giroux..won a faceoff forward and ripped if 5 hole while getting tripped :)

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
**** yes.

The top line played amazing. G's slump dies with a 3 point night.

giphy.gif

G needs more 3 point nights. Like 20 more. That'd be nice. (My Art Ross dream is alive and well)

Now if Couts line can continue to stay rolling. Team will be better down the stretch. Gotta get Ghost back.

If those two lines can stay rolling and putting up points we'll be dangerous.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Having last change, and having Couts shutdown Bergeron, as opposed to Bergeron shut down Giroux, was huge for us.

In Boston, they likely put Bergeron out against G.

Also glad Zac didn't score on the 2-1!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Having last change, and having Couts shutdown Bergeron, as opposed to Bergeron shut down Giroux, was huge for us.

In Boston, they likely put Bergeron out against G.

Also glad Zac didn't score on the 2-1!

There's no question they miss their number one center for reasons like this. They are a declining team either way. Glad we got the win. Have to think that we may get a great boost from this and get some win in the upcoming tough games. Great effort tonight.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
I only saw the highlights but it seemed like Rinaldo and Talbot had about fourteen 2 on 1s. What gives?

And I saw Schenn's fight; he was really throwing them. Was that the only fight he hasn't lost?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
With half of the season left, we have a great chance at making the playoffs. Really hope we do. These guys need confidence and experience. We won't contend this year, but it's the first step, and a good sign. We will be even better next year and we could contend very soon. Can't wait to see a great Flyers team again.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Couldn't watch this one but veryyy happy about the result. Looks like the 1st line and Mase put up a great show.

How was Remaldo's reception?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad