GDT: 4/18/14 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Montréal Canadiens VS #2 Tampa Bay Lightning [ECQF GAME 2]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimStrickland

Jul 30, 2011
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Habs win tonight in a convicing way and Tampa will be rattled psychologically. Lindback's weaknesses can be exploited with ease if the Habs play exactly like they did Game 1. Forechecking, keeping shooting at the net and driving to the net with speed.

I don't expect them to pull a 2006 Carolina, even if Tampa is changing their goalie because the Latvian Gudlevskis, even if he played well against Canada in the Olympics, ain't seasoned enough to do damage to us.

Cam Ward at least was a first rounder and was projected to be a legit #1 in the league. And Latvia trapped the hell out of Canada, playing trap defensive hockey led by coach Ted Nolan.

And Carolina back then was a veteran laden team with lots of deep playoff experience as a group..there's no Brindamour, Whitney, Glen Wesley or Recchi on Tampa. The Canes back then knew that they could come back, they had been there before. And the Habs did not have the depth they have now. Koivu/Kovalev were the only ones who were producing in 2006, while Wednesday most forwards showed up and played well.

2011 Bruins were a legit team. And the Habs despite having a 2-0 lead, had no DD, Patches, Markov and Gorges, all out due to injuries/surgery. So in these conditions it was no surprise to see Boston comeback and eventually win the series.

Richard Bolton

Aug 21, 2012
I've been flying the Habs colors today in downtown Helsinki; red Habs jersey along with a habs cap. Now, it's your turn Habs to honor us with a sweet second victory!

Go Habs go!

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
3 1/2 hours.
I got no god damn beer. Completely forgot it's a holiday today.
I hate living in Ontario sometimes.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Got this off Twitter.

Blha_zYIEAAFw-G.jpg

Go :habs Go

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Excellent GDT!

Hopefully, they do the same tonight as in game 1, pressure their defence and keep causing fits for them in their zone.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Dude that's pathetic...
You can still get Brewskies if you don't mind being ***** and pillaged :laugh:

Yeah.. There are couple of places that sell beer at $3.50/bottle. I may have to do that.

There's also a guy who sells beer out of his trunk for like $2.50/bottle, but he only shows up after hours.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Excellent GDT!

Hopefully, they do the same tonight as in game 1, pressure their defence and keep causing fits for them in their zone.

Yup, and hopefully Price of OT shows up and not Price of regulation.
Also hope Prust got his brain back.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
chris lee and tim peel are said to be refs for tonight. can anyone confirm ?

I suggest a deep breath to everyone here lol

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
the vid was extremely well done but you are right song could have been better.

I politely disagree. I think the music is spot on. The beat not only matches the motion of the video but the words are perfect too. Habs are the outsiders- even if we are the only Canadian team, we are still hated/doubted/criticized by most. The boys have been through a lot together, its a tight locker rooom.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I politely disagree. I think the music is spot on. The beat not only matches the motion of the video but the words are perfect too. Habs are the outsiders- even if we are the only Canadian team, we are still hated/doubted/criticized by most. The boys have been through a lot together, its a tight locker rooom.

I like the words just didn't feel it pumped me up up as much as it could have. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad