GDT: #38 | Flyers at Sharks | Friday, Dec. 30, 2016 | 10:00 p.m. ET |CSN-CA, CSN-PH

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Like last game, after 2 periods the Hakstol line has a 0.00% Corsi while on ice together.

Though tbf to them last game they managed to haul it up to like late 30's by the end of the game. :laugh:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I really like Stolarz.

Couturier line has been good.

MDZ is getting on my nerves.

Gordon should be shot out of a canon towards outer space.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The Hak line now has no shot attempts through 2 periods.

Can they make it a clean sweep?

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Seriously though. Why is Stolarz being wasted on the bench? He should get more starts. He needs to play to develop. I like what i see so far. He takes up so much net and he is sound prepositionally. I don't like how they are handling him this year. Last year he wasn't ready but he should get a chance. The team needs to see what they have in him to make a proper decision on Mason/Neuvy.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Okay, on that Coots blind pass behind the net up the middle to no one with several min left, I'm really irritated by what AMac did. It wasn't a bad pass because Coots saw AMac coming up the middle with essentially no coverage but a guy in front. It was WIDE open.

What does AMac do? Shows like he's doing a net drive, then pulls up 10 feet from the net and does a lame little curl to the boards. Pass goes to no one because now no one is in front. AMac had so much space to get to the net and create a scoring chance. His instincts are just awful in every zone. If that's Ghost or Provy or anyone of our young d, they go right to the net for the chance. Ughhhhhhh.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Like last game, after 2 periods the Hakstol line has a 0.00% Corsi while on ice together.

Though tbf to them last game they managed to haul it up to like late 30's by the end of the game. :laugh:

Hak is too blind to see how good of a player Lyubimov is to drag those two to respectability over the last few weeks.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seriously though. Why is Stolarz being wasted on the bench? He should get more starts. He needs to play to develop. I like what i see so far. He takes up so much net and he is sound prepositionally. I don't like how they are handling him this year. Last year he wasn't ready but he should get a chance. The team needs to see what they have in him to make a proper decision on Mason/Neuvy.

Aside from Provorov, who HAS been handled well?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They probably didn't even plan to bring him up this season. So technically, he probably is ahead of schedule.
I'd like to see him a bit more as well, but I think he'll be fine. And at this point it's extremely unlikely they are going to re-sign Neuvirth anyway.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Better wingers for Couturier aren't dressed. Read & Konecny would be great options.

Lyubimov wouldn't be bad with him either. I seriously don't understand what Hakstol is doing. I don't know if he's trying to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks or hes just trying to get the warm bodies some action to keep them engaged and in game shape.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Okay, on that Coots blind pass behind the net up the middle to no one with several min left, I'm really irritated by what AMac did. It wasn't a bad pass because Coots saw AMac coming up the middle with essentially no coverage but a guy in front. It was WIDE open.

What does AMac do? Shows like he's doing a net drive, then pulls up 10 feet from the net and does a lame little curl to the boards. Pass goes to no one because now no one is in front. AMac had so much space to get to the net and create a scoring chance. His instincts are just awful in every zone. If that's Ghost or Provy or anyone of our young d, they go right to the net for the chance. Ughhhhhhh.

There is not one single thing about him that is NHL calibre.

Id take Morin of Sanheim over him right now in a heart beat. They would make no more mistakes than him but Morin would win battles and Sanheim would generate offense..neither of which MacDonald is capable of.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I remember the last year where Giroux was put back into regular PK rotation...

and he got all alone in NZ twice in ~3 games, both times AMac had puck in own zone, and fired it over everyones heads down ice with no real pressure with Giroux looking for pass both times.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
12-28-93
11-14-17
24-10-22
58-25-13

9-3
15-53
23-32

(Throw in a Morin perhaps)

giphy.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
There is not one single thing about him that is NHL calibre.

Id take Morin of Sanheim over him right now in a heart beat. They would make no more mistakes than him but Morin would win battles and Sanheim would generate offense..neither of which MacDonald is capable of.

Tbf he is a good skater, can block shots and has a decent shot on him...

and he can skate backwards like an absolute champ. Not sure anyone can beat him from the red-line to his own crease backwards.

but yeh, apart from that...

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Aside from Provorov, who HAS been handled well?

Ghost was handled well last year. This year his game has took a step back. It happens he should bounce back. TK has been put in the right situation to succeed. Maybe Hak is giving him a break? This is new for TK. He's a small kid going 100 MPH against grown men. Maybe he needs to take a deep breath and look at the game from the pressbox. He'll be back in the lineup.

Stolarz has been handle like he was last year but only this year hes more ready and polished. He should be getting some time. Not sitting on the bench not improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad