GDT: #36: Flyers at Sharks, Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:30 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Luke Schenn hasn't been playing bad at all?

News to me :laugh:

Schenn has been playing like a #4-#6 consistently this season. Even some games where I thought he can definitely be a second pair D-Man if you find him this right partner.

This is also coming from a poster who thought he was awful his first two years, like healthy scratch bad (besides the NYR series).

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Schenn has been playing like a #4-#6 consistently this season. Even some games where I thought he can definitely be a second pair D-Man if you find him this right partner.

This is also coming from a poster who thought he was awful his first two years, like healthy scratch bad (besides the NYR series).

I really couldn't disagree more. I think he's been absolutely horrible all year with the exception of maybe two or three games where he was merely acceptable.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He actually played his best games in his first season for us in 12-13. Him and Kimmo were a solid top pairing, but behind them Coburn, Grossmann and Meszaros all struggled with poor play and injuries.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He actually played his best games in his first season for us in 12-13. Him and Kimmo were a solid top pairing, but behind them Coburn, Grossmann and Meszaros all struggled with poor play and injuries.

He was very good that season. Im guessing the change in systems, Berubes lack of faith in him, and the continued increase in the speed of opposition forwards have all contributed to his drop off.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hopefully when MDZ returns we see Schultz scratched and the following pairs:

Medvedev-Streit
Del Zotto-Gudas
Gostisbehere-Schenn

Thats starting to look like a pretty good defense.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Who are you assuming sits? I would like Shultz to considering mdz is more of a defensive dman this year.

You are correct. Shultz is a journey man #7 play for injured guys type of player. Never really say him as anything more. He had a good year last year but that's it. He is a great locker room #7 but for me that's it.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

Medvedev-Streit
Del Zotto-Gudas
Gostisbehere-Schenn

That's a group I can get excited for moving forward. There isn't a guy in that 6 I get nervous when on the ice. Schenn has his moments but like I said I'm happy with his play. He won't be here next year...but provorov will:naughty:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Medvedev-Streit
Del Zotto-Gudas
Gostisbehere-Schenn

I like those pairings, but I have a feeling that Hakstol will put Streit and Del Zotto back together.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014

Medvedev-Streit
Del Zotto-Gudas
Gostisbehere-Schenn

I think those pairings. I'd switch 1st and 2nd pairing but that's just splitting hairs. I trust each those pairing playing 20mins a game, which is prob first time I've said that in long time.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think those pairings. I'd switch 1st and 2nd pairing but that's just splitting hairs. I trust each those pairing playing 20mins a game, which is prob first time I've said that in long time.

Yeah I was thinking that too. MDZ-Gudas has proven they can do the heavy lifting so flip-flopping the top 2 pairs is reasonable.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters: Mason (vs. Jones), Gudas-Medvedev, Raffl-Giroux-B.Schenn

Non-IR scratches: Lecavalier, Manning, Del Zotto (injured)

Referees: Dan O'Rourke and Trevor Hanson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad