GDT: #33|Pens vs. Flyers|Thur, Jan. 6 (7:00 PM)|WFC|The Empire Is Not A Price You Are Willing To Pay..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
:pens 19-8-5 VS. 13-14-6 :flyers
GAME CENTER | GAME PREVIEW

Thurs, Jan 6 2022 (7:00PM) WFC
Networks: ESPN+, HULU, TVAS

LSr4q1C.png

3Njewjj.jpg

Everybody...
tPkOTVK.gif

I work at night and won't be able to update this most likely. Lineups are subject to change.​

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, Konecny and Sanheim are out….all that means is that Hart will shut out the Pens…it’s a b2b and all…

Last edited:

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I wonder if Carter will play... My wild guess is Malkin won't return until the California trip.

All for the best -- might as well not come back after all this time and rehab effort just to get cheap-shotted again in his first game.

Reactions: Smasher

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Flyers are a disaster right now and are missing players. Not much reason to lose this one. Keep it going.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well let's hope Jarry is good to go.

Let's see how we do on the backend of a back to back.

Hoping that goal convinces Crosby that he can score goals.

Crazy.

Erod continue being you. Happy he isn't on his off wing the guy deserves his spot or RW.

Reactions: wgknestrick

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Does anyone else get the feeling that the rivalry with the Flyers is gone? There's no more hatred between the 2 teams.

DC still has Wilson and the Sid vs OV debate. Flyers don't have any dirty players and there they're just meh. No fights, no hits, nothing. I miss the rivalry and the days of Hartnell and Carcillo.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Does anyone else get the feeling that the rivalry with the Flyers is gone? There's no more hatred between the 2 teams.

DC still has Wilson and the Sid vs OV debate. Flyers don't have any dirty players and there they're just meh. No fights, no hits, nothing. I miss the rivalry and the days of Hartnell and Carcillo.
I agree, Philly should be a playoff team to have that rivalry. And Pens haven't had fighters or rats in years who ignite the games. At least they acquired Risto who is pretty hated player in PIT. I don't hate him tho mostly because of his golden goal in wjc2014

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Philly was supposed to have rebuilt with the youth they had years ago and surpassed the aging Penguins by now. But here we are in 2022 and the Penguins are still a damn good team, while the Flyers are looking at a 2nd consecutive year out of the post-season and need to start rebuilding asap.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
All for the best -- might as well not come back after all this time and rehab effort just to get cheap-shotted again in his first game.

Geno mad Geno score

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Philly was supposed to have rebuilt with the youth they had years ago now and surpassed the aging Penguins by now. But here we are in 2022 and the Penguins are still a damn good team, while the Flyers are looking at a 2nd consecutive year out of the post-season and need to start rebuilding asap.

They will lose Giroux and watch him sign with the Pens lmao.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Wondering if Carter makes it back ...
Typically the pattern has been a day of skating, then returning. He was on the morning skate yesterday.

I'm guessing he'll center Rodrigues and Kapanen, Heinen will bump down to Blueger and McGinn, and ZAR will be with Boyle and Simon

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
This is a schedule loss playing B2B with travel against a team that was off yesterday, but the Flyers are where we were back in late October/early November with guys out (and they aren't very deep to start with), so you'd like to think they can grind this one out.

Reactions: Andy99

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
They will lose Giroux and watch him sign with the Pens lmao.

Won't happen Sid legitimately hates Giroux.

Funny story, one of my friends was on vacation with some pens during the last olympic break when the NHL went. It was a resort in the Caribbean with lots of other NHL players. Anyway he was with a former pen and the guy told him "we can't go in the pool until Claude Giroux gets out".

It was that personal. Pretty ridiculous but I love the hate.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maybe Giroux is just a known pool-pisser.

I mean... it wouldn't really surprise me. He DOES play for the Flyers who are uncouth and disgusting by nature.

EDIT: I just realized that's gonna look like a hell of a random comment to all the people that have you on ignore.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Funny story, one of my friends was on vacation with some pens during the last olympic break when the NHL went. It was a resort in the Caribbean with lots of other NHL players. Anyway he was with a former pen and the guy told him "we can't go in the pool until Claude Giroux gets out".

I am guessing Giroux re-signs with Flyers anyway.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

They were pretty stoked at the WC together.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Funny story, last time the Pens players delivered season tickets, I was lucky enough to have Sid visit my house. After I showed him my hockey card collection and I gave him some tips about the team and his game, it was time for him to meet the rest of my family! Sid was such a sweet guy and waited for my Uncle Geoff to drive in from Erie. Sid looked a little uncomfortable as we waited, but I think he may have been allergic to my pet ferret Geno who wouldn’t leave him alone! Anyways, Sid agreed that I had the size and IQ to play in the NHL and thought I probably should have pursued hockey outside of dek hockey. He didn’t end up staying for dinner, but did sign a bunch of shit for my man cave. Great guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad