Speculation: 3 Potential Trade Destinations for Sam Bennett

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If I am the Panthers I'd be trying to move Sam Reinhart for a 1st because it's a lot easier to replace a winger than a top 6 centre, and Bennett with Tkachuk have had some success this year. And it's a big leap to expect Anton Lundell to jump into that role.

If you can remove Reinhart, Duclair and Gudas before the deadline, subtract Hornqvist for next year, and buyout Bob, which is minimal savings (3.33 million) at first but room to improve with a better goalie already in town, that's almost $20 million in Cap space next year, which can get you some significant player improvements, especially since it isn't hard to sell players on living in Miami.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
If I am the Panthers I'd be trying to move Sam Reinhart for a 1st because it's a lot easier to replace a winger than a top 6 centre, and Bennett with Tkachuk have had some success this year. And it's a big leap to expect Anton Lundell to jump into that role.

If you can remove Reinhart, Duclair and Gudas before the deadline, subtract Hornqvist for next year, and buyout Bob, which is minimal savings (3.33 million) at first but room to improve with a better goalie already in town, that's almost $20 million in Cap space next year, which can get you some significant player improvements, especially since it isn't hard to sell players on living in Miami.

That’s what I’ve thought as well as a neutral fan. I’m not sure if Reinhart has delivered what they thought when they got him, might be an opportunity for change of scenery.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC

Reinhart is just as much of a top 6 center as Bennett is, even if he is playing wing. Reinhart is the better player. Also, the Panthers have finally started putting Barkov and Lundell together, so thankfully that center logjam appears to have a resolution.

This is all moot though. Why would Florida move either of these guys? They should be in loss-stomaching mode at the moment. They shouldn’t be sellers, short of as per necessary working through their cap issue.

Reactions: zeeto

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
On top of those three, I saw an article speculating that the Wild could be a good fit too, but of course depends on the cost to acquire.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When looking at (what I believe and others may argue) what the ideal add to the Penguins' current roster would be, I can't find many better fits than Bennett.

This is a full-on "yes, please come to Pittsburgh. Figure it out Hextall!" vote from me. Would take Reinhart too.

Reactions: RSPens

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
When looking at (what I believe and others may argue) what the ideal add to the Penguins' current roster would be, I can't find many better fits than Bennett.

This is a full-on "yes, please come to Pittsburgh. Figure it out Hextall!" vote from me. Would take Reinhart too.

Bennett and Reinhart together gonna cost at least two 1sts and likely a 2nd or good prospect no?

That's nearly $11 mil in cap to PIT, it'd be hard to match money going back to FLA that makes sense.

Florida are winners of their 5 of 7, a win tonight may keep the playoff dream alive.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bennett and Reinhart together gonna cost at least two 1sts and likely a 2nd or good prospect no?

That's nearly $11 mil in cap to PIT, it'd be hard to match money going back to FLA that makes sense.

Florida are winners of their 5 of 7, a win tonight may keep the playoff dream alive.
I was suggesting either or. Not both.

Reinhart would likely be an off-season thing anyway. Tough to move $6mil contracts in the middle of the season.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The odds of Bennett actually being traded are next to zero. Florida isn't rebuilding, they will just accept this year as a throw away then regroup next year when they have cap space to upgrade theor roster. Similar to how Vegas didn't blow it up last year

Agreed.

Not sure why so many posters here are obsessed with blowing up a team and rebuilding. Florida has a good roster, and they should be thinking about how to go for it next season.

Ledge And Dairy

Agreed.

Not sure why so many posters here are obsessed with blowing up a team and rebuilding. Florida has a good roster, and they should be thinking about how to go for it next season.
They are cap strapped this year but with both Hornqvist coming off the books, and most of the Yandle buyout disappearing they should have enough room to add a top 4 defenseman from the market. I could see Graves landing there

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think he earns a bit too much for us to make it work.

Have to say I can't think of many worse things for a GM than knowing every sell trade improves the odds for the Habs. Tough pill.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I wouldn't mind the Sabres picking him up to add some much needed physicality to our line up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad