GDT: #25| Flyers at Penguins| Sat, Dec. 1|7:00PM|It's going down/One of those days..|PPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
If i'm a Penguin, i go down at ANYTHING.
GIW9sU3.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Comparing him to Sheahan, Grant, and now Maatta is a really interesting defense strategy :laugh: I think people are overstating their dislike of him, but he's just not actually doing much of anything positive out there.

If ZAR was playing as our 12th forward, people wouldn't care nearly as much. But he's not.

Statistically, this is 100% false.

Yeah, I think the Maatta comparison is accurate. People just notice his skating is poor, so they just complain about him at every opportunity and don't say anything positive about him when he does something well. Grant is the same way, it really seems like people here only think skilled players are any good.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Yeah, I think the Maatta comparison is accurate. People just notice his skating is poor, so they just complain about him at every opportunity and don't say anything positive about him when he does something well. Grant is the same way, it really seems like people here only think skilled players are any good.

He does something well? :razz:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't see this, no matter how many times people on HF say it, I just don't see it with him. He's not a good playmaker, but he's not advertised as a playmaker. I don't think his playmaking is any worse than their other bottom-6 players like Sheahan or Grant.

It's the same way with Grant here, people constantly rip him and I just don't see what people are talking about.
He doesn’t need to thread the needle with a highlight reel pass but even simply chipping the puck out of the zone tends to become a huge ordeal for him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

What's he doing well? I'm honestly curious. Maybe pushing possession I guess? I've only seen the 2nd half of this game. Listened to most of the last two as well.

Here's what I see that bothers me the most. When the play gets to him in the O-zone, the play is dead pretty much every time. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Good stuff. L1 gives up a 3 on 2 off a lost offensive zone faceoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad