Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Barry Pederson was the best player when Neely and 1st round pick were acquired for him which became Wesley who became 3 1st round picks…. Etc etc
At the time, IMO he wasn't. I argued that Pederson was on the decline with a bad shoulder and older than Neely.
That was at the time of the trade.
But, it ended up that indeed Neely was the better player.
When they traded MacTavish for DeMarco (or whatever the f*** his name was) I knew that MacTavish was the better player and that they got screwed. But, money was the issue then and it was a big part of what it's supposed to be about this time.. Sweeney screwed the pooch!

Last edited:

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Did Sweeney ever really say he was trading Linus for cap space?
I am not a Sweeney fan, I just want to know where all that narrative came from?.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Question for the group. If Korpisalo comes in and can be around a .915 SV% and 2.50 GAA would people be happy with that? Would you view the trade differently?
No. They didn’t get proper assets for Ullmark. They got a first for taking a bad contract. They got a plug for Ullmark. Who cares what goalie Bib might be able to do. Plus, what make atou think our defense will help Korprisalo. They didn’t help out two goalies. It was the other way around. They have no defensive structure! f***. Stupid ass trade.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Mentioned it the other day, Ottawa is gonna figure out they're just negotiating against themselves! And sure enough. Linus not extending also played a big part in the return btw.

But I disagree that we should have held. The fake trade offers made people in here believe there was better when there never was. We always cry about guys walking for nothing like Jake might. well this is what it looks like to get something.

I'll also reserve full judgement based on what they do with Korpi. If they retain 25% on him and flip him somewhere, we may have a different overall view.

Sweeney has earned the right to be judged after his plan is done. So let's see it....

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Korpisalo - Cap dump by Sens. They didn’t want him, he’s got 4 more years on his deal. Underperforming his cap hit. Negative value and with Sens wanting to dump him that means the acquiring team has leverage to ask for something to include him in a deal. Big time risk acquisition

Late 1st - Not a huge deal to the sens who have plenty of younger players in their lineup. Disposable piece to help win now.

4th line plug -4th line plug. Always available in FA. If he develops into something cool, but at the time of trade he has no value.

Ullmark, former vezina winner, great regular season stats. Sens need that to even make the playoffs which they struggle to do. Very reasonable cap hit. Has been outperforming his cap hit every year. Possibility of re-signing. Possibility of flipping him at the deadline with retainment for a really good haul by a playoff contender. If he’s not re-signing in Ottawa, I see no logical reason he’d block a move at the deadline. Zero risk acquisition. Absolute worst case he plays well enough to get them in the playoffs which Sens core desperately needs a taste of, he walks in the offseason, and the sens still dumped Korpisalo and all it cost was a disposable 1st and a Jag.

Just not seeing how the value is even. Sweeney got hosed. And now everything needs to break right for the deal to even look even. Which even if it does, it’s still a shit trade as Sweeney sold very low on a solid asset and bought high on very low/negative value assets.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ottawa super stupid too not lock up Ullmark.

You're gonna have him for 1 season.

Should have locked him in while you could.
Maybe just maybe that’s why the return isn’t what you wanted it to be!

I was in the minority on defending the Ullmark signing, i expect this will work out similarly. We make goalies look good.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Did Sweeney ever really say he was trading Linus for cap space?
I am not a Sweeney fan, I just want to know where all that narrative came from?.
Well ,not sure what he said in that regard but why else would you trade half of the best Goalie tandem this league has seen in years . in any case , he did say that if he didn't get the right return he would keep Ullmark.

This is the right return?

Maybe just maybe that’s why the return isn’t what you wanted it to be!
In that case you keep Ullmark

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
They probably really wanted to get a pick in this year. If they wait for an injury we're talking a '25 pick at the earliest.

It could go the other way too. Maybe there isn't a market for goalies next season. There wasn't a market for goalies last summer.
Problem is, days ago we saw the Markstrom trade and the market for him and return. Looked at his numbers, his age, his NTC and his value.

The ONLY way this goes back to neutral(and not God awful) is if Philly or some other team wanted Koprisalo at 75% retained and a 1st for something of value and Sweeney is the middle man in this trade.

So is Chychrun still being told he is going to Boston?:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
People keeping Linus for 30 spite games as backup "just because", I dunno. I don't see it.

In the end the thing that got you was the NMC. But you can't solve for that now.

Reactions: PlayMakers

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You said what are they gonna get with $2 mill to help the offense acting like that’s all they have to spend, im not the one who needs to focus lol
Ya , you really do . We are talking related to this trade . The net gain is 2M in cap space , a JAG 4th liner and a 25th OA in a very shallow draft year.

I keep Ullmark every time .

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Ya , you really do . We are talking related to this trade . The net gain is 2M in cap space , a JAG 4th liner and a 25th OA in a very shallow draft year.

I keep Ullmark every time .

Keeping a 5M backup goalie for 30 games in spite though is a vibe. I dunno, I don't see it. It's Sway's time.

Reactions: PlayMakers

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Ok thinking throught the rest of the lineup, if Sway signs at like 8ish they'll have like 15mil left over with this:

Zacha-x-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-x
Fred-Poitras-Geekie
x-Beecher-Brazeau

Lindholm-Mac
Lohrei-Carlo
x-Peeke

Lauko/Kastelic/Wotherspoon

Swayman-Korpisalo

If Elias Lindholm is the #1 priority, which is how it feels, that's gonna take out at least half that cap sapce right away. If they want a LD upgrade like the Chychrun rumors seem to indicate, that'll be another good chunk. Feel like there's a good possibility that they either need to give a kid a chance in the top 6 or go play money ball again.

Reactions: Gordoff

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Struggling to see the direction in this. It really does deserve to be shit on.... despite what moves may follow. Keep losing impact players and replacing them with dime-dozen depth.

Linus would be wise to sign an extension IMO. I suspect he will.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ok thinking throught the rest of the lineup, if Sway signs at like 8ish they'll have like 15mil left over with this:

Zacha-x-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-x
Fred-Poitras-Geekie
x-Beecher-Brazeau

Lindholm-Mac
Lohrei-Carlo
x-Peeke

Lauko/Kastelic/Wotherspoon

Swayman-Korpisalo

If Elias Lindholm is the #1 priority, which is how it feels, that's gonna take out at least half that cap sapce right away. If they want a LD upgrade like the Chychrun rumors seem to indicate, that'll be another good chunk. Feel like there's a good possibility that they either need to give a kid a chance in the top 6 or go play money ball again.

You forgot NOW you have to give assets to OTTAWA to get Chychrun. Who is going now? Given the last trade, Sweeney will move Swayman for him so the goalie hug can continue in Ottawa.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Struggling to see the direction in this. It really does deserve to be shit on.... despite what moves may follow. Keep losing impact players and replacing them with dime-dozen depth.

Linus would be wise to sign an extension IMO. I suspect he will.

We got Linus for free as a UFA. By my count we gained by the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad