Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hmmm- Bruins can retain 25% on Korpi as you can’t go past 50% total on retention. They can flip and retain 25% and 50% retained Korpi would be attractive to a number of teams that need goaltending. Hope that is the thinking and another deal is in the works.
Only way this makes sense but even that is retaining for what? 25th overall?

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Understood.

But Korpisalo is 30 years old. He is what he is - a big, athletic, talented enigma. A guy who's wildly inconsistent from one year to the next, one game to the next, one period to the next, one shot to the next.

And yeah, maybe Goalie Bob can work his magic, but it's certainly not the kind of bet I'd make at $3 million/year for the next four seasons.
I agree. They should have got more in return for taking on that gamble.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
This trade makes me wonder why I read and waited so long for it. I didn’t think they would get a boatload, but why once again to the Bruins take on more issues in return for a trade? Makes no sense
It makes perfect sense when you understand our GM is a complete idiot. I realized it in 2015 and it’s been so frustrating ever since. We have been successful despite management; what could have been…

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
LINUS DIDN’T HAVE THE RIGHT OR CONTRACT TO SAY ‘ONE TEAM OR NOTHING’. How is this not being clear enough. He could have been moved to several teams and this is the one Don chose.

A failure.
He doesn't wanna sign long term and no trade clause are killers. Go look up what Donny paid for hall. He basically got him for free.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Brandon Bussi could've done that for 775k, I hope he still does. The issue is not whether Korpisalo is terrible or merely average, the issue is the money and the years when the goal of trading Ullmark always should've been about freeing up cap space right now for free agency.
It's baffling. You're only saving 2 million between Ullmark and Korpisalo. Just keep Ullmark then.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He's the closest comparison. Still waiting on his first playoff goal here 23 games in. Likely won't be back next year.

If Kastelic has some defensive pedigree and was your new 4th line C, it makes more sense. But he's not proven as a defensive player in the NHL. Martin certainly didn't trust him given his limited minutes.
Was Martin a good coach? We just saw a gritty team win the cup. That’s how we have to win. We don’t have the high end talent to do it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So the reason you're trading Ullmark is for cap space , you don't want 5M sitting on the bench that could be helping on offence.

Now you got 3M sitting on the bench. What are you gonna get for 2M that is gonna help with offence you f***ing moron?
They have like over $20 mill in cap space

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Then just keep another year and let him go. How does taking on ottawas cap nightmare help our team ???
We got him for 3 million as a backup. If he finds himself like the days in Columbus. Big win. The 1st round pick is sweet and that 4th line guy looks useful. If linus is only there for 1 year it's a good trade.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ottawa super stupid too not lock up Ullmark.

You're gonna have him for 1 season.

Should have locked him in while you could.
Maybe they had a deal with him to say that he'd hold out until after the trade. I mean, after all why would he want to weaken his new team?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
When I saw Korpisalo's name, I thought for sure that was because they got the 7th pick. There's nothing I like about this trade at all right now. No cap space, a late round pick, a 4th liner, and a mediocre goalie on a long contract. They're going to spend even more on goaltending next year and the quality will likely go down overall.
Sweeney just can't resist having some dead weight on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad