Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Mood:
Probably long term financial purposes unless money doesn’t matter in this scenario then there would be none
B47300D3-4D58-40F5-A95D-B05676FC77CA.gif

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Agreed. Those contracts probably won't age well and both will be slightly overpaid, but it's guys they need. If they get 3-4 good years out of both before their play starts to dip im good with it.

I'm assuming Lindholm will probably be around $8Mx6 and Zadorov will be around $6Mx5. #25+Lysell/Merkulov+Beecher for McGroarty + small add. Sign Lomberg or Duhaime for the fourth line.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Frederic/McGroarty
Frederic/McGroarty-Coyle-Geekie
Duhaime/Lomberg-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lorhei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo/Bussi
Shouldn’t need all three if you have Beecher in that trade. Mcgroarty is unproven just like Lysell/Merk, just has a higher expected floor. To add a first on top of a young and responsible center with playoff performance/ experience and a prospect feels rich unless WPG is adding to the package.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t mind dumb penalties if they’re of the punishing variety tbh. Pay an immediate price for a gain later on

I’d be elated with Zaddy but I think ppl already know that lol

I also think it’s unlikely because he’s a weird fit with McAvoy or Carlo. He doesn’t play a safe game which is why I think putting him with Mac is risky (although they would be dynamic). He's not a great transition guy/puck handler which is why I would prefer somebody like Skjei to pair with Carlo

But he’s big, nasty, will stick up for teammates, and most importantly is a quality human. He’d be beloved here imo

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Shouldn’t need all three if you have Beecher in that trade. Mcgroarty is unproven just like Lysell/Merk, just has a higher expected floor. To add a first on top of a young and responsible center with playoff performance/ experience and a prospect feels rich unless WPG is adding to the package.
I said small add from Winnipeg, be that a 3rd or some lower level prospect.

I just read that Winnipeg was looking for centers in return so figured Beecher might be of some interest but I don't think Lysell/Merkulov or Beecher would be enough as a secondary piece.

I'd be fine with dealing 3 pieces to get a high quality prospect in the system.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t mind dumb penalties if they’re of the punishing variety tbh. Pay an immediate price for a gain later on

I’d be elated with Zaddy but I think ppl already know that lol

I also think it’s unlikely because he’s a weird fit with McAvoy or Carlo. He doesn’t play a safe game which is why I think putting him with Mac is risky (although they would be dynamic). He's not a great transition guy/puck handler which is why I would prefer somebody like Skjei to pair with Carlo

But he’s big, nasty, will stick up for teammates, and most importantly is a quality human. He’d be beloved here imo

Or Peeke for that matter. If you are getting EA Sports and moving out Carlo for a forward and bringing in a new second pairing in UFA you can start to get it to make sense, I just don't see it.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I said small add from Winnipeg, be that a 3rd or some lower level prospect.

I just read that Winnipeg was looking for centers in return so figured Beecher might be of some interest but I don't think Lysell/Merkulov or Beecher would be enough as a secondary piece.

I'd be fine with dealing 3 pieces to get a high quality prospect in the system.
Merk, Geek or Freddy

Even Zacha

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don’t want Zadorov. He takes dumb penalties and just isn’t that good. Would be surprised if that’s Sweeney’s target.

I just don’t understand the is not good stuff.

I’m not saying he’s Ray Bourque but he’s got a little of everything in his game.

Hits to hurt
Fights/protects teammates
Kills penalties
Blocks shots
Can shoot/score

Is he as good as Carlo defensively?
No

As good all around as McAvoy?
No

But he’s better offensively than Carlo
Tougher than Carlo

Better all around than Peake and Wotherspoon.

He’s definitely good enough to make this team better because he’s good at the things they need.

And I’m not saying 6.5+ for a salary but in the 5’s or low 6’s he’s fine

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I don’t want Zadorov. He takes dumb penalties and just isn’t that good. Would be surprised if that’s Sweeney’s target.
He's a good #5 dman that can decisively win third pair matchups but only treads water when he's in the top 4. Valuable player to have if it's a luxury you can afford, but the bruins would be much, much better off going after Skjei for only like 1mil more AAV-wise.

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Trade Carlo for best forward (or center prospect) +2nd.
Go out and trade for John Marino to help fill in he Carlo gap?

Not sure it’s worth it. I’d be curious to see what Carlo is really worth though.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He's a good #5 dman that can decisively win third pair matchups but only treads water when he's in the top 4. Valuable player to have if it's a luxury you can afford, but the bruins would be much, much better off going after Skjei for only like 1mil more AAV-wise.
Zadorov supposedly wants 5 mil per. Imo someone will give it to him. On skjei All depends on what it cost to reel him in, for my money the much better player, but I can see someone pushing the scales up around 7. I'm thinking that the raise of the cap will have these GMs spending money like a kid who just got a raise on their weekly allowance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad