Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I would do 25 OA + Bussi + mid range prospect for McGroarty
According to Jets fans, center and RHD are their needs. Obviously they run Scheifele and Lowry down the middle...Monahan likely going to walk

I wonder if could Merkulov interest them instead...could step right in

Out of actual prospects in the AHL (2000 born and up) he was only 2nd to Mavrik Bourque in scoring

He has to hold some value, even though undrafted. Slept on prospect and not much of a fit for him here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Things arent that bad come on. Donny has put a solid roster together we lucky. Playoffs are a given next year .
They need scoring on the wings badly + a top centre.Marchand is definitely regressing now.Pasta had 110 pts then Marchand 67 was closest.Amazed Pasta was not 1st team carrying this team like he did

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Exactly, horseshoes and hand grenades. Cup or bust. I’ve seen 40+ years of making the playoffs, in multiple sports. Win or go home.
2019 we had it man I still dont know what happened. I keep thinking about that one.

They need scoring on the wings badly + a top centre.Marchand is definitely regressing now.Pasta had 110 pts then Marchand 67 was closest.Amazed Pasta was not 1st team carrying this team like he did
Lindholm will help huge if we get him . Poitras coyle behind him with zacha on the wing makes team deeper.

Reactions: BTO and Tbaybruin

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I would do 25 OA + Bussi + mid range prospect for McGroarty
Why this guy can get this return when he never skated in the nhl. a mid round first pick 14OVA who want to quit...a swap with Lysell, or 2024 25OVA + mid propsect

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
What type of player is McGroarty
Where most players outrace, he delays with a cutback or simply entering a glide and angling away from backpressure. Those delays house his playmaking, where he’s deceptive, precise, and identifying the best play. Uses give-and-gos instead of deking, and consistently occupies the space that maximizes his odds of getting the puck back. He’s a bull, too. Relentlessly attacks the inside, combining skill and physicality. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Where most players outrace, he delays with a cutback or simply entering a glide and angling away from backpressure. Those delays house his playmaking, where he’s deceptive, precise, and identifying the best play. Uses give-and-gos instead of deking, and consistently occupies the space that maximizes his odds of getting the puck back. He’s a bull, too. Relentlessly attacks the inside, combining skill and physicality. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide
So a more aggressive Krejciesque type? Is that a fair deduction?

Reactions: capecodder

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He wants guaranteed time? Not a fan of that stance. He's got to be one of the 12 best forwards available to get that time. Full stop.

Thing is... I'm pretty sure he would be.

He wants a guarantee, but guess what, anyone can promise him anything and it means nothing in October. It will get him out of Winnipeg, but honestly he's gonna sign where he gets traded, and will ultimately be subject to the whims of the team that owns him at that point.

That said, this behavior, feels toxic, and does not see like a great long term fit

Reactions: capecodder

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I think a Lysell / McGroarty swap with a sweetener from the Bruins makes the most sense value-wise. If I'm the Jets I'd much rather Lysell than the 25OA.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think a Lysell / McGroarty swap with a sweetener from the Bruins makes the most sense value-wise. If I'm the Jets I'd much rather Lysell than the 25OA.

It think it needs to be both to even enter the conversation. I guess some chance they could prefer Merkulov. Neither player is even remotely a deal breaker to me

Reactions: 8thRoundPick

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
-Sign Lindholm
-Acquire Ehlers (pretty sure it’s been mentioned the Jets want to move on- 1 year left on contract) and McGroarty

Id look to send a few expiring contracts in the deal (obviously have to give to get as well)-

1st (25OA) + Lysell/Merkulov + Frederic (he’s due for a raise next year) and/or Geekie (same situation as Freddy) +??
For Ehlers and McGroarty

That helps you this year and gives you some options with cap space next offseason

Reactions: pucksindeep92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad