Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I really hope the McGroarty rumors actually amount to something. Feels like a pretty unique opportunity to add a top 15 caliber talent despite not having a pick in that range. Plus he seems like the kind of player the bruins would really covet with his versatility and leadership qualities.

Also there's more and more smoke around us signing Lindholm on July 1, so assuming that happens being able to plug another cheap ELC forward into the middle 6 will go a long way towards us also being able to spend on a LD. Which also seems like a priority for Sweeney.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I just do not feel comfortable about DS's upcoming decisions concerning 25OA or trades.
I hope with free agents he does not miss out on one player and end up signing another just because he has the Cap space. You do not have to waste the money.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
would this trade be beneficial for the B'S.
Trade : frederic & 1st pick # 25 in 2024 draft to winipeg for
ehlers, & mCgroardy

I think you at a minimum need to add Lysell from the Bruins.

Bruins are getting the best prospect and the best player in the trade. Frederic will be a UFA next year, and no reason to believe he would extend in Winnipeg. Unless Winnipeg really, really wants to unload Ehlers I don't think it is enough, even if you add Lysell

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Would you deal Lohrei for McGroarty if you signed Sjkei

I get it, it’s imaginary world

Lou & myself had same answer

• Wow
Reactions: goldenblack

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would you deal Lohrei for McGroarty if you signed Sjkei

I get it, it’s imaginary world

Lou & myself had same answer

Of course one problem is McGroaty will almost certainly be traded today. And you can't sign anyone til monday.

Honestly I'm not sure Winnipeg does it.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
McGoarty for #25 and Lysell would be huge. He's the missing piece to our top six.

Maybe Bussi holds value to them? They're paying Helle a lot and only have 8 million in cap space. Brossoit going to get paid.

Reactions: kdog82

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
would this trade be beneficial for the B'S.
Trade : frederic & 1st pick # 25 in 2024 draft to winipeg for
ehlers, & mCgroardy
Not sure how I feel about McGoardy but would not include Frederic, Lysell and Geekie I would do

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think Skjei would be a great addition for the right price. Puck moving defenseman who produces consistently and can score goals from the back end. Something Bruins are lacking.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I would be surprised if Skjei is signed but I expect something pretty surprising in a good way

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Working hard the Friday before vacation, getting my hands dirty in roster analysis.
IMG_0979.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad