Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
big fan of Karlsson but yes too old

I’m looking forward to seeing what a healthier and year older Poitras could do

Third line ?

Frederic- Poitras - Geekie

Also put Lysell with Marchand & Coyle and see how goes in camp
Karlsson is not a physical player, more of a Thomas Gradin type.
He still has mileage left on the tires.
I would love to have him on our team, His contract is of much more value vs what Lindholm will sign for.
He would be the perfect center for Pasty.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Question I either haven't remembered to ask or forgot the answer to.

If a player is bought out with say 20 million left on his contract -- does he get that 20 million in a lump sum after the buyout and the only real change is his cap number or is there an agreed upon percentage of the 20 million that he would get.
Most get 2/3. If a young player is bought out they get 1/3. That's why LA was going to buy out PLD. They had up until a couple days ago to do it, but with the series going 7 games, he had his birthday and they couldn't do it at the 1/3 price.

I'm unclear as to whether they get a lump sum or just get a biweekly check for the length of the deal. On the cap, the terms of the buyout are x2, so if a player has 2 years remaining on his contract you do 2/3 of what's owed divided by 4 to get the annual cap hit. I doubt the $ is given out in a lump sum because that would benefit the player more, and I can't see owners wanting to give say $13m current dollars as opposed to 3.25m each year for the next 4.

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Honestly would make sense and add to the urgency to get the Ullmark deal done if Don was talking with another team about flipping the pick? Although they clearly plan to take a selection in the 1st (given they interviewed every prospect likely to go in the first round).

someone had mentioned a bailout deal with vegas where we swap 25 for theirs (19?) might be able to take Hage or Luchanko at that point.

Geekie+25 for Karlsson+19?

Idk im not good with this stuff but its fun to speculate
How about Shea Theodore instead of Karlsson? Twenty eight yr. Old serviceable defenseman with a one year 5m salary.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It's kind of crazy because if you had fans make a list of the top 20 centers this time last year, there is a strong chance Elias Lindholm makes it. He would definitely crack the top 32 (whether that qualifies as a #1 center is up to you)

A down year with injuries, poor roster in Calgary, tough fit adjusting in Vancouver (playing the 3rd line at times) and all of a sudden his value is low. Mind you, both of those teams tried resigning him.

A type of player like Lindholm rarely hits free agency. Bruins are being handed a gift on July 1 and would be beyond foolish not to acquire him
Lindholm did not make my top 20 last year, however I agree with you about top 32,,,,I would rank him around 28.
Do you think Boston can win a Stanley Cup, or make it past the second round if we sign him?
We can only afford one high priced UFA this year, so we better make the right choice.
We have one terrible contract now in Korpsy and I think the HL contract is not so good either....we do not need three bad contracts.
Personally, I would spend the money on Stammer, all day long give him a 2-3 year deal at 7-8M a year and call it a day. Don't let his age worry you....look at how productive Pavelski was in his twilight years.
Last 5 years Stammer has scored 162 goals and 371 pts....Lindholm 127 goals and 291 points and he played 27 more games.
We need a player that will score 30 goals plus next year.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If they let Debrusk and Heinen walk they are going to need to replace PK minutes

The 4th liners they have now outside of Beecher all don't PK, which is kind of strange. Kastelic, Boqvist, Lauko and Brazeau don't see really any time. Geekie and Poitras don't either. If they get Lindholm that would obviously fill a huge void but currently they have

Marchand Coyle
Frederic Zacha
Beecher....?

Maybe a more uneventful post but I guarantee you they prioritize a 4th line PK ace.

Duhaime and Trenin would make way too much sense so you can cross them off

I would put money you see a random Buffalo guy like Eric Robinson or Zemgus Girgensons

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
How about Shea Theodore instead of Karlsson? Twenty eight yr. Old serviceable defenseman with a one year 5m salary.
I would love having him, just proposing what may be more beneficial to them shedding salary wise to move up

If they let Debrusk and Heinen walk they are going to need to replace PK minutes

The 4th liners they have now outside of Beecher all don't PK, which is kind of strange. Kastelic, Boqvist, Lauko and Brazeau don't see really any time. Geekie and Poitras don't either. If they get Lindholm that would obviously fill a huge void but currently they have

Marchand Coyle
Frederic Zacha
Beecher....?

Maybe a more uneventful post but I guarantee you they prioritize a 4th line PK ace.

Duhaime and Trenin would make way too much sense so you can cross them off

I would put money you see a random Buffalo guy like Eric Robinson or Zemgus Girgensons
E.Lindholm!

Reactions: CellyHard

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Fine with that option as well. I’m telling you Vegas is going to shed salary one way or another and both these players are a luxery for them

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Lindholm did not make my top 20 last year, however I agree with you about top 32,,,,I would rank him around 28.
Do you think Boston can win a Stanley Cup, or make it past the second round if we sign him?
We can only afford one high priced UFA this year, so we better make the right choice.
We have one terrible contract now in Korpsy and I think the HL contract is not so good either....we do not need three bad contracts.
Personally, I would spend the money on Stammer, all day long give him a 2-3 year deal at 7-8M a year and call it a day. Don't let his age worry you....look at how productive Pavelski was in his twilight years.
Last 5 years Stammer has scored 162 goals and 371 pts....Lindholm 127 goals and 291 points and he played 27 more games.
I just think Lindholm is a better fit. Stamkos has played mostly wing and he plays the same position as Pasta on the powerplay

I would be totally fine with getting Stammer if it came down to it but Lindholm is my first choice

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If they had the ability to score like 5 more goals last year they could have beat the team that won the cup so you never know what one player would do. going to be a few subtractions from that team though

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I wish I hadn't missed Dom's stream, would love to know what he said about the Korpisalo part of the trade that makes the trade not look so horrible. Living here in Ottawa it's been hard to take, I feel almost embarrased to be a Bruins fan, the Sens fanbase think Korpisalo is just an awful goalie and they can't believe that Staios found a taker for him at minimal cost.

I’m on mobile so idk how to grab the link (maybe check out his twitter?) but essentially we had very limited time to get a deal done due to the draft coming up, and the only real suitor was Ottawa who was on Linus Ullmarks list. He would not waive for Detroit or LA (supposedly)

This meant he had to go to Ottawa if we were to trade him prior to the draft. They could not come to terms on a contract, therefore he was a rental, which tanks his value.

The reason we took Korpi was to elevate the return pickwise, which would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd if we didn’t eat the contract. Ottawa is cash strapped by the cap as of now. The idea is that goalie bob thinks he can get him to be a serviceable backup based on what he’s seen. We could not get additional conditional picks if he did sign as it is not legal via the latest CBA.

We now have another slot filled and we could not go into the season without having a proven back up (I’m of the opinion that Bussi can hack it, but it’s very risky to just go forward with him as your slotted backup)

As for the people who wanted us to run it back with Ullmark—that’s an insane amount of cap to have locked up with your goalies. Dom outlined what it would look like

After writing this up, I realized I probably should’ve just grabbed you the link lol

All in all the lack of return is simply due to Ullmark and the Sens being unable to arrive at the same number

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I've had time to let the Ullmark trade settle in as well as listen to Dom on What's Bruins as well as Jaffe n Razor on Morning Bru and I'm glad I did. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the more knowledgeable on all aspects of NHL hockey but my passion is as much as anyone on here.
I was frustrated on this trade but didn't know all the factors. After being educated by these knowledgeable people I'm calmer. No offence to anyone on here but there are only a few that know anything that's "insider". The rest of us are just passionate but in the end don't know shit from Turkey turds.
Jaffe n Razor are legit all things Bruins, I would pay attention to what they say.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I’m on mobile so idk how to grab the link (maybe check out his twitter?) but essentially we had very limited time to get a deal done due to the draft coming up, and the only real suitor was Ottawa who was on Linus Ullmarks list. He would not waive for Detroit or LA (supposedly)

This meant he had to go to Ottawa if we were to trade him prior to the draft. They could not come to terms on a contract, therefore he was a rental, which tanks his value.

The reason we took Korpi was to elevate the return pickwise, which would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd if we didn’t eat the contract. Ottawa is cash strapped by the cap as of now. The idea is that goalie bob thinks he can get him to be a serviceable backup based on what he’s seen. We could not get additional conditional picks if he did sign as it is not legal via the latest CBA.

We now have another slot filled and we could not go into the season without having a proven back up (I’m of the opinion that Bussi can hack it, but it’s very risky to just go forward with him as your slotted backup)

As for the people who wanted us to run it back with Ullmark—that’s an insane amount of cap to have locked up with your goalies. Dom outlined what it would look like

After writing this up, I realized I probably should’ve just grabbed you the link lol

All in all the lack of return is simply due to Ullmark and the Sens being unable to arrive at the same number

The spin cycle in full effect. It was a shit deal

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The return for eating $12m has been 2 first rounders - $6m x 2.

They paid out value for a less than zero worth asset, plain and simple. Building up Bob Essensa does not make this return less embarrassing.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
this Ullmark deal has so many parallels to the Seguin deal. They talked themselves so heavily that it had to happen they took the best pile of shit laid in front of them. Unsurprisingly the clowns running the show now were in the room then. But since it went down now it has to be defended just like the other f*** ups are. Don Sweeney is perfect and never makes a mistake. It’s just the situations be puts himself in that cause the problems

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The return for eating $12m has been 2 first rounders - $6m x 2.

They paid out value for a less than zero worth asset, plain and simple. Building up Bob Essensa does not make this return less embarrassing.
For a rental ? The Goalie will be a very good back and sounding board for Swayman as he enters into a pressure cooker now that he will be a top paid goalie in the league, No more cute goalie hugs,

We will get the chance to draft a very good prospect

Added a tough sob that can play and win face offs

All for a rental

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I think you missed the part when Vegas gave away Max Paccoretty for noooooothing in a very similar position.

Actually you are. Every time Vegas has dumped someone it was to bring in a better piece either through trade or FA. They sure as f*** are dumping him just to do it like so many are expecting here or because some stupid shit Don Sweeney did.

As for the beloved shit with Marchessault. MAF was more beloved than anyone and got kicked out the door. Karlsson as well is also loved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad