OT: 24-25 Broadcast

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Sorry if this has been addressed but I did not see a thread about it. If there is one, please merge.

Does anyone have any idea about the Ducks Television Broadcast carrier for next year? ESPN+ is rough because they black everything out locally. Ballys seems to have been bought by Amazon (at least the last article I saw said they were). The Ducks don't get many national games right now.

Will the non-national games be switched to Amazon Prime?

Does anyone have any info about next season?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Tony O

May 31, 2011
Sorry if this has been addressed but I did not see a thread about it. If there is one, please merge.

Does anyone have any idea about the Ducks Television Broadcast carrier for next year? ESPN+ is rough because they black everything out locally. Ballys seems to have been bought by Amazon (at least the last article I saw said they were). The Ducks don't get many national games right now.

Will the non-national games be switched to Amazon Prime?

Does anyone have any info about next season?

Just curious.

Thanks!
It's still to be determined.
DSG’s Bally Sports could exit bankruptcy protection in June - SportsPro

"A confirmation hearing has been scheduled for 18th June at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division."

"Both the NBA and NHL have agreed for local games to remain on Bally Sports until the end of the season at a lower rights fee. In exchange, both leagues will reclaim their rights at the end of the 2023/24 campaign. However, DSG (Diamond Sports Group) would like to extend these deals."

Hope this helps.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
If DSG keeps the right for another season by extending deals, are the games switched to Amazon due to Amazon owning a minority part of DSG?

I literally only keep Direct TV Stream for the Ducks. If the games would switch to Amazon or I could get them all on ESPN+, I would dump Direct TV Stream in a heartbeat.

I guess I’ll wait until after that hearing in June and see if any more info comes out.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
We all are going to wait and see. Based upon what develops I may change my sports packages. My priority will be a streamer/network that covers the Ducks. I used to care about watching the Angels, but now they can go rot for all I care, at least until Arte is gone.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Would love for ducks to be on any major stream platform: my dollars will follow

Would love amazon prime but honestly just make it so i just dont have to work around local blackouts please

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
It's still to be determined.
DSG’s Bally Sports could exit bankruptcy protection in June - SportsPro

"A confirmation hearing has been scheduled for 18th June at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division."

"Both the NBA and NHL have agreed for local games to remain on Bally Sports until the end of the season at a lower rights fee. In exchange, both leagues will reclaim their rights at the end of the 2023/24 campaign. However, DSG (Diamond Sports Group) would like to extend these deals."

Hope this helps.
Quick update (and it's not a good one): https://theathletic.com/5464156/2024/05/01/comcast-bally-sports-channels-network-tv/

"Diamond is in the middle of a protracted bankruptcy process, and a confirmation hearing for a restructuring plan that could help it avoid liquidation is set for June. But one of the keys for that plan to be successful is Diamond reaching an agreement with major distributors, such as Comcast. Diamond has told a federal bankruptcy court in Houston that about 81 percent of its distribution revenue is tied to three companies: Charter, Comcast and DirecTV. A deal has been announced with Charter, and another with DirecTV is near, a person briefed on the process said — but a fight with Comcast is nonetheless a major issue."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad