OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

As far back as I can remember the Commanders have always been on NBC 4 dating back to the first preseason game I saw which was Redskins - Chiefs in like 2001 or 2002 aired by the late great George Michael

Interesting to see how they do on CBS

When I was a kid, they were always on CBS…..Pat Summerall and John Madden baby!

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

As far back as I can remember the Commanders have always been on NBC 4 dating back to the first preseason game I saw which was Redskins - Chiefs in like 2001 or 2002 aired by the late great George Michael

Interesting. For whatever reason, I thought they split it up by conference. Wonder what that means for Ravens games.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Interesting. For whatever reason, I thought they split it up by conference. Wonder what that means for Ravens games.
This isn't a deal to broadcast the regular season games. Its just (some) preseason games, and some extra team sponsored coverage shows. Pregame stuff. Not the actual game broadcast. Local stations can't negotiate for those.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So Lamar Jackson is so flush, he just decided to forgo a 750k workout bonus since he’s missed over 20% of offseason workout program….must be nice…

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Maybe too pricey for Monumental to butt in on this I know they broached doing content with/for the Commanders in the past.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

In recent years, others in the organization wanted the turf field removed, but former owner Daniel Snyder reportedly thought it cost too much.

New owner Josh Harris said in an interview earlier this year that he isn’t an “F- guy.” Harris was referring to the NFLPA grades handed out regarding the team’s poor facilities. Harris has committed millions to improving FedEx Field and the team’s Ashburn headquarters and this is his latest move.

“The good news, the turf field had been here a long time, we didn’t utilize,” Quinn said. “Let’s give some props to Josh and to his team for recognizing when things have to change for the betterment of these players and that he’s going to find a way to do that. And that’s his pact to the guys that knowing if there’s a way to dig in to let them know that he’s going to turn over every rock, so to speak, to make this experience as strong as it could be, man we are appreciative of that. So, it’ll be another grass field that we’ll have here and hopefully, it’ll be by the end of training camp, that’s the timeline for that going forward.”

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
NFL Network showed the Bears/Patriots SB. When Rivera made a tackle in the 4th quarter, Enberg says, "Rivera makes the tackle. Both coaches are now getting all the guys in to say they played in a Super Bowl."

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Uninspiring, yawn!

Washington Commanders sign kicker Ramiz Ahmed​

I’d be really surprised if he ended up being their kicker for the season. They needed someone (anyone?) to use for the upcoming OTA’s (new rules around KO returns and such … can’t practice that without someone (anyone??) to actually kick the ball).

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Nice hire.

Thompson, 32, is a former South Carolina quarterback who had an important role with the Texans and previously with Detroit assisting players in their transition to the NFL.

“I think I grew tremendously, man,” said Texans Pro Bowl quarterback C.J. Stroud, who was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year last season. “I know he’s going to be mad at me for this, Dylan Thompson. Oh my gosh, Dylan is one of the best human beings that I’ve ever met in my life. There’s a ton of people, great people in this organization, but DT has been the main person.

“You talk about a brother like to somebody who loves you no matter what happens on that field, you can feel that. I just appreciate that and now he’s going to be mad at me, but, man, he’s a great person, and really one of the reasons why I feel like we were very successful this year.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad