Confirmed with Link: 2024 version: Dude, we got a Dell!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Makes sense. Vanecek and Blackwood have been injury prone, Askarov is currently injured, we already "wanted another goalie" before swapping Chrona and Askarov. If everyone is healthy, gives us an extra serviceable goalie to trade to a team in need at some point.

Reactions: Cas

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Makes sense. Vanecek and Blackwood have been injury prone, Askarov is currently injured, we already "wanted another goalie" before swapping Chrona and Askarov. If everyone is healthy, gives us an extra serviceable goalie to trade to a team in need at some point.

This is an AHL contract, though. That #3 NHL guy is still going to be Askarov, when he's ready.

But yeah, good with this. Haven't really been impressed with Carriere and the Cuda have been using three goalies the last few years. Would much rather have Dell, who did well with Ontario last season.

Reactions: coooldude

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
This is an AHL contract, though. That #3 NHL guy is still going to be Askarov, when he's ready.

But yeah, good with this. Haven't really been impressed with Carriere and the Cuda have been using three goalies the last few years. Would much rather have Dell, who did well with Ontario last season.
For sure, I saw the ECHL/AHL part. I just meant another keeper in the system.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
You can do much, much worse than Dell for your #5 goalie (which is where he practically sits on the depth chart right now).

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
For sure, I saw the ECHL/AHL part. I just meant another keeper in the system.

Yep, for sure- so depth-wise, we're now probably looking at:
NHL: Blackwood, Vanecek
AHL: Askarov, Romanov/Dell
ECHL; Carriere

I'd expect Romanov and Dell to be competing for ice time. Romanov finished strong last season, but we'll see if that was progression or an end-of-season hot streak. The Cuda also have a lot of back to back games, and they sometimes like to go with:
Game 1: Goalie A starts
Game 2: Goalie B starts, Goalie C backs up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad