Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm so done with our bullpen this year

I can't be mad because by the trade deadline was coming this is what we wanted. We wanted them to trade pieces to restock the system and prep to try and turn things around. And relievers are often the best deadline capital because every good team needs more relief help. So of course the pen was gonna suck after trading away anyone who was good enough to have value.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
What was wrong with the lineup anyway? Not a chance Horwitz or Wagner were gonna see a tough lefty.
No no I wasn’t criticizing the decision to go with the all righty line up, just on paper and with how good Sale has been all year, it was definitely feasible, but like I said, happy to be wrong. They battled all game and got him out of the game relatively early

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Can’t fault the players at this stage of the season, they are who they are and a lot of assessing is going on. This was an entertaining finish to a well pitched game. Horwitz is developing some pop.

But, I think the assessment on Davis (Babe hahaha) Schneider is over. This guy is a sacred mess at the plate. Last 15 games a .054 BA, last 30 games .105 BA.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
His confidence got absolutely shattered and attempting to pigeon-hole him into a platoon batter when he’s never been one to hit lefties better than righties creates even more pressure and challenges on Schneider. It’s just poor circumstances at this point in time and he’d fare better getting consistent reps for another team. I still think he could carve out a role as a second division starter.

Jays are going into a direction like the Rays have done in the past with a lefty heavy lineup with strict platoons.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
His confidence got absolutely shattered and attempting to pigeon-hole him into a platoon batter when he’s never been one to hit lefties better than righties creates even more pressure and challenges on Schneider. It’s just poor circumstances at this point in time and he’d fare better getting consistent reps for another team. I still think he could carve out a role as a second division starter.

Jays are going into a direction like the Rays have done in the past with a lefty heavy lineup with strict platoons.
He was still playing every day when he started to fall apart, and now it's just been getting worse and worse. You can't really justify playing him every day with so many of the other young guys looking good, but with most of them being lefties you can at least get him into the lineup against LHP.

I think the best/only real solution is to let him try to figure it out with full-time at bats in Buffalo. He's looking worse and worse every time he's in the lineup these days.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He was still playing every day when he started to fall apart, and now it's just been getting worse and worse. You can't really justify playing him every day with so many of the other young guys looking good, but with most of them being lefties you can at least get him into the lineup against LHP.

I think the best/only real solution is to let him try to figure it out with full-time at bats in Buffalo. He's looking worse and worse every time he's in the lineup these days.

I’m not denying that, but it was a clear struggle in June/July vs a complete fall off the face of the earth in August/September as his ABs became more limited and primarily against lefties. I’m not even justifying playing him, I’m just saying it makes even less sense to play him against lefties and causing his stats to crater further. Due to the current design of the team I understand why he’s being put in those opportunities, but that’s also an additional reason as to why his stats continue to decline.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I think Green is proving he’s a closer at all. He’s a clear late inning guy bud closing out games seems like a real problem for him.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think Green is proving he’s a closer at all. He’s a clear late inning guy bud closing out games seems like a real problem for him.
Prior to September, he was 16-for-16 in save situations. I don't think a shitty week really negates that.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Prior to September, he was 16-for-16 in save situations. I don't think a shitty week really negates that.

Yeah more like the baseball gods balancing out the extreme luck he has had so far this season. He hasn’t shown nearly close to the swing and miss stuff he’s had over his career.

Reactions: canucksfan

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Me too. Would love to see the crowd give him a nice hand tonight.
They ought to. I also really like John Schneider.. I feel another good human there. With things still to learn about managing at this level.

Did anyone hire Charlie Montoya? I would not give him a pot to piss in ,in the desert.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Vladdy was noticeably limping as he ran from 1st-3rd on that Horwitz double, after fouling a ball off his foot. Probably cost us a run there unless Wagner gets a hit.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad