Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Vladdy doesn't waste any time extending his hit streak in the 1st inning. Too bad Varsho blew the base running and got thrown out at 3rd.

Springer with a leadoff dinger as well.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Vladdy doesn't waste any time extending his hit streak in the 1st inning. Too bad Varsho blew the base running and got thrown out at 3rd.

Springer with a leadoff dinger as well.

that was a weird one for Varsho. Normally he's a pretty good baserunner.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You guys reckon Brent Rooker is not available? Do the As plan on fielding a good team next year in Sacramento? Or are they still selling? Because Rooker would be a great DH for us.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Swanson was in better shape last year. I wonder if that has anything to do with his performance this year. He is definitely heavier than last year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Those firework graphics are embarrassing annd about as amateur as you’ll ever find in baseball.

Someone buy this team from that joke of a network.

Reactions: the valiant effort

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Howritz and clement leading the way again. Weird. Good young kids are better than 40 year old bums and guys who are retiring after the season…. Who knew that would ever happen

f***ing Loserville

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Howritz and clement leading the way again. Weird. Good young kids are better than 40 year old bums and guys who are retiring after the season…. Who knew that would ever happen

f***ing Loserville
Many of us clamoured for them to play the youngsters who were playing well in Buffalo a month into the season. But this loser of a management insisted on playing the likes of Vogelbach, Kiermeier, etc. instead. No bounds to their ineptness.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

f***ing Loserville

But the Jays have the worst farm system in the league… despite a combo of Horwitz/Barger/Leo/OMart/Berroa leading one of the best lineups in AAA.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I imagine that having his spring training wiped out when his kid got hit by a car and was in the hospital for weeks probably had something to do with it.
Sure be nice if he was lights out the rest of the year to lend confidence moving forward.
He’s got enough of a track record as a reliever to consider a bounceback year in 25 to be plausible.
Understandable even given the trauma alone, influenced spring and reliever volatility in itself.

Reactions: Discoverer

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
But the Jays have the worst farm system in the league… despite a combo of Horwitz/Barger/Leo/OMart/Berroa leading one of the best lineups in AAA.
A lot of baseball people have started to opine more that the way we look at farm system rankings is all wrong. Instead of looking at strength of the farm while it is loaded with developing prospects, the teams that are considered to have the best farm system should be the teams who are most consistently churning out successful major league graduates, like Houston even though farm system rankings don't like them.

I still don't imagine the Jays would rank as one of the top teams in the league in graduation rate, but almost certainly better than all the farm system rankings which rate them bottom 5-10 in baseball.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I was very happy to see Vladdy diving into the netting despite the lost season. Shows true leadership. We also have several others who have showed a professional attitude like Bassitt, Berrios,Gausman even Springer. They bring it to every day and are to be commended.

On another note, speaking of heart and determination, I want to congratulate the duo of Brandie Wilkerson and Melissa Humana-Paredes for winning silver in beach volleyball at the Olympics. I’ve played against Brandie on the beach and she is a classy, determined young lady. They made us proud.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Loperfido is f***ing atrocious. I see absolutely nothing promising in this bum. Sweet pick up he was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad