Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Sat, Jun 29 | vs NYY | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Cortes vs Bassitt

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
2 run double, that was close to going out.

Hah a Springer-2-run-dinger!?!

Here you go Gausman, some run support. don't f*** it up.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Horwitz at the plate looks like Tony Gwynn in like Gwynn’s 12th MLB season. It’s absurd.

Ha why do things like that Guerrero triple only happen when you’re already up 7-2.

Reactions: canucksfan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yesterday I posted KK and Springer have been ass cheeks this year. Since then they are both combined 5 for 8 or something like that.

Davis Schneider and Addison Barger have been ass cheeks. Watch, now DS will hit a couple of homers tomorrow and Barger will get his first dinger :naughty:

Reactions: phillipmike

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Its simple. The tools are only as useful as those who wield them. Using data analytics to execute decisions is sports clearly has flaws.

The worst things that are happening right now aren't 'analytics'. Analytics would be telling you to do the opposite of batting Springer 4th or 5th every night or starting Kiermaier almost every game.

Whatever the f*** happened in the playoffs last year ... yeah, that was analytics gone nuts.

Reactions: Discoverer

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Its simple. The tools are only as useful as those who wield them. Using data analytics to execute decisions is sports clearly has flaws.

This is a terrible and probably wrong take. Find me an analytics based argument that would suggest you should keep batting a terrible hitter in middle/high spots in the lineup.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I can easily make an old-school non-mathy explanation: the idea that Springer is important and needs to get going so the team decides to force feed him at-bats possibly in "protected" spots in the lineup until he rebounds. Similar case for Kiermaier except not high in the lineup because he has no history as a dangerous bat. We've seen these sorts of things happen and heard old-school guys like Buck argue for them in the past.

Not saying the latter is what's happening, but it at least makes more sense than blaming "analytics" for no really definable reason besides the fact that the team is known to use math in its decision making process and it becomes an easy target especially for traditionalist fans.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Well this one isnt gonna go long, rain has started and it doesnt look good on the Boston radar. I forsee a delay and a postponement.

Edit: just as I typed it, the tarp is being rolled out on the field at Fenway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad