Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Fri, Jul 5 | @ Sea | 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT | Gausman vs Castillo

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
heh bases loaded in the 9th, springer hits into double play to end the game.... he cannot be any more useless.

Reactions: shaner8989

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Springer's underlying numbers aren't good. Look at his statcast page. What's also concerning he was walking at a decent rate and striking out less but he's walking less and striking out more.

He's cooked.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Springer's underlying numbers aren't good. Look at his statcast page. What's also concerning he was walking at a decent rate and striking out less but he's walking less and striking out more.

He's cooked.

I’m about 80% ‘he’s cooked’ and about 20% looking at the K/BB numbers and wondering if he’s just been Mattinglied and is a confused mess trying to be a defensive contact hitter instead of his natural state as an aggressive hard swinger.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Another productive day at the dish. Making Carrasco look like a major league pitcher for a day.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I’m about 80% ‘he’s cooked’ and about 20% looking at the K/BB numbers and wondering if he’s just been Mattinglied and is a confused mess trying to be a defensive contact hitter instead of his natural state as an aggressive hard swinger.
You would think being a veteran he would be like f*** it I’m doing what made me successful.

Again, I hate saying this all the time but it would be interesting to see the team with different hitting coaches.

Reactions: Vector and MS

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
f***ing Loserville.

Loser orgainzation loser players loser manager.

Tonight is blue jays baseball

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You would think being a veteran he would be like f*** it I’m doing what made me successful.

Again, I hate saying this all the time but it would be interesting to see the team with different hitting coaches.

He’s clearly doing *something* different this year because having a career high BB% and a career low K% at age 35 is freaking weird.

Whether he can actually still catch up to FBs though, who knows.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He’s clearly doing *something* different this year because having a career high BB% and a career low K% at age 35 is freaking weird.

This month his BB% and K% are around his career average or worse so maybe his first two months were an outlier?

This has easily been the most frustrating and disappointing season for the Jays since 2013 and for different reasons. Not enough change in the offseason and that has continued throughout the year. Playing veterans over hitters who are hitting significantly better is ridiculous.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Is it a matter of the adage that the batter eye never goes away and actually gets better with age while twitch reflexes diminish?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Imagine having a team of

Springer
KK
Turner
Volgelbach
Biggio
Kirk

All as regulars…… That’s a f***ing disgrace. How everyone loser in this organization still has a job is the even bigger joke. I know 2 are now gone that’s doesn’t matter though.

The only ones that can hit are the 3 youngsters Horowitz Barger and Schnieder and they sit on the bench more often than not.

Loserville

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Cleveland's offence is nothing special either. They just know how to score runs. They just do. We get runners on but can't score 'em. That's the issue. That's what it comes down to. The pitching is there (even though the bullpen struggled). They had 5 hits last night. Five. And they scored 7 runs. Jays had 6 hits, but scored only 1. That's f***ed.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Varsho 1 for 15 Current BA .210
Springer 4 for 31 BA .194
Jansen 2 for 27 BA .236
Kiermaier 2 for 19 BA .192

You just can't win if half your regular starters are hitting like this. This is not including backup catcher Kirk's 2 for 22 with BA .197. Turner and Schneider have turned it around lately, the Buffalo boys have been hitting well, but not playing regularly and Vladdy better last 6 games but previous 4 was 0 for 13. To have your veterans scuffling like this, and yet playing regularly, this team needs a change somewhere. At the very least the hitting coaches and manager should be fired immediately.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
They cant do anything about Springer... And who's gonna take KK or Turner in a trade to free up those roster spots?
If no one wants them you waive them. That won't happen until the deadline which i can understand because we should try and get something for them. KK should be tradeable even just as a defensive replacement. Turner as a bench bat maybe. We'll have to eat most of their remaining contract to get a Biggio level contract which is fine. Springer should be a defensive sub/injury replacement until they get to a point they are willing to eat the balance of his contract. He's a dead roster spot for 3 more years which sucks

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
How have no changes happened yet? Loserville

Now that injuries have struck too just blow this pos up. Start with management
The only reason they haven't and likely won't is that Atkins has used up all his manager fires before he has to be fired himself so we'll likely have both until the end of the season which is a nightmare simply because they don't want to fire him in season. I like most wish they'd both get fired right away and attach interim badges to in house candidates and fire the rest of the managers in the off season when the new gm is in place.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Imagine having a team of

Springer
KK
Turner
Volgelbach
Biggio
Kirk

All as regulars…… That’s a f***ing disgrace. How everyone loser in this organization still has a job is the even bigger joke. I know 2 are now gone that’s doesn’t matter though.

The only ones that can hit are the 3 youngsters Horowitz Barger and Schnieder and they sit on the bench more often than not.

Loserville
What you're also forgetting is imagine as an owner paying over 200 million for that privilege lol

Reactions: shaner8989

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad