Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Fri, Jun 28 | vs NYY | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Stroman vs Kikkuchi

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
So are we allowed to say this team needs to be sellers and not buying? Can we all finally agree this just isn’t the team? We just need to move the expiring contracts and try again next year with new pieces including a new gm and manager. This team needs a full philosophy overhaul and Mattingly needs to be far away from this team. Our bats have been awful since he joined out front office.
Dude. I've known this since March. LOL.

I know that you guys think that I'm an overly pessimistic fan sometimes. But, I don't think I am. I've just been watching sports long enough now to have a general idea of if a team has it or they don't. And 9 times out of 10. Or maybe even more. 99 times out of 100 I'm right.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Dude. I've known this since March. LOL.

I know that you guys think that I'm an overly pessimistic fan sometimes. But, I don't think I am. I've just been watching sports long enough now to have a general idea of if a team has it or they don't. And 9 times out of 10. Or maybe even more. 99 times out of 100 I'm right.
Most of us had issues with the lineup that was constructed for this season. And its playing out exactly as predicted, pitching took an expected step back, and hitting took an even bigger step back from last year.

And here we are late June 6 games under .500 and looking to be swept again if the score holds.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Horwitz is a real talent. To think they refused to call this guy up for the longest time too.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I'm surprised so many fans made the trek to Cleveland to watch this team. With how bad they are and they aren't even fun to watch for the most part. If it was me I would have went but sold my tickets and gone to Cedar Point instead

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Credit to Turner who has turned his season back around with a .450 OBP in June. If he keeps this up we’ll get a good asset back.

Conversely, Kikuchi’s ERA has blown up to 4.00 and he’s been pounded this month and a return is probably dropping.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
VERY HAPPY to see Vladdy getting the ball up with more consistency lately. Also very happy to see Horwitz showing some power, although it does up his trade value, but I imagine the Jays will change their mind right quick if he keeps hitting home runs. I always wanted to see the Jays play him over getting someone like Vogelbach anyway.

I'm NOT happy to see Springer hit a ball on the button and only drive it well short of the wall in centerfield. If it was a wallscraper I'd just shrug it off as a ballpark thing, but it wasn't even close to the wall. I always figured he'd become an albatross at the end of his contract but I didn't think the fall off would be this dramatic.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Most of us had issues with the lineup that was constructed for this season. And its playing out exactly as predicted, pitching took an expected step back, and hitting took an even bigger step back from last year.

And here we are late June 6 games under .500 and looking to be swept again if the score holds.
Yeah man. It's not good at all. The only saving grace and positive that can come out of this is Schneider, Shatkins and most of the coaching staff are shown the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad