Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don't get it. I know I said earlier about Springer and Turner but Kiermaier should only be used as a pinch runner or late defensive replacement. He's awful with the bat.

Springer should be playing a lot less.

Turner had an awful May but his June has been good so him getting playing time makes sense.

Horwitz has been hitting great so why sit him? They could have sat Kiermaier and have Davis in LF and Horwitz at 2nd. The hilarious part Horwitz has a better WAR after 8 games than Kiermaier does in 52 games.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't get it. I know I said earlier about Springer and Turner but Kiermaier should only be used as a pinch runner or late defensive replacement. He's awful with the bat.

Springer should be playing a lot less.

Turner had an awful May but his June has been good so him getting playing time makes sense.

Horwitz has been hitting great so why sit him? They could have sat Kiermaier and have Davis in LF and Horwitz at 2nd. The hilarious part Horwitz has a better WAR after 8 games than Kiermaier does in 52 games.

Yeah, I loved Kiermaier and he was great for us last year. But right now he'd be the first player I'd be shipping out, regardless of whether we're buyers or sellers this year.

He's just ... in the way. Defensively he's blocking a better CF from playing CF. And we still have Springer (who unlike Kiermaier we can't get rid of ) for veteran CF insurance. And offensively he's been horrific and all he's doing is taking ABs away from younger better hitters.

Some contending team would probably give a decent prospect for him right now to add his experience and still-elite defensive play. Time to move on. But because this management group is so slow to do anything, we'll see him pointlessly soak up another 150-200 plate appearances before he leaves after the season.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yeah, I loved Kiermaier and he was great for us last year. But right now he'd be the first player I'd be shipping out, regardless of whether we're buyers or sellers this year.

He's just ... in the way. Defensively he's blocking a better CF from playing CF. And we still have Springer (who unlike Kiermaier we can't get rid of ) for veteran CF insurance. And offensively he's been horrific and all he's doing is taking ABs away from younger better hitters.

Some contending team would probably give a decent prospect for him right now to add his experience and still-elite defensive play. Time to move on. But because this management group is so slow to do anything, we'll see him pointlessly soak up another 150-200 plate appearances before he leaves after the season.
I don't think you move him because he can come on later in the game for speed or defense. The simple solution is to stop starting him so frequently.

Forgot to mention earlier but I am liking what I am seeing from Clement. 107 wRC and his defense is better. Not making dumb errors like early on. Which means he will be on the bench tomorrow.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't think you move him because he can come on later in the game for speed or defense. The simple solution is to stop starting him so frequently.

Forgot to mention earlier but I am liking what I am seeing from Clement. 107 wRC and his defense is better. Not making dumb errors like early on. Which means he will be on the bench tomorrow.

It's a universal thing in sports that coaches/managers can't help themselves when it comes to character veteran players and sometimes you have to take their toy away. Really, Springer should be the defensive/speed guy based on his performance and the kids should be playing. But again, I expect none of this to happen.

Clement is just a really good utility player. Good defensively at multiple positions, great contact hitter at the plate, seems like a really fun guy around the clubhouse. Had a bit of a weak May but is on fire right now.

I HATED Barger being benched today. Kid gets two hits yesterday and 3 in the last two games, first couple MLB RBIs, was absolutely ripping some balls and probably on top of the world and feeling confident as hell, there's a RHP on the mound ... and they go back to Springer who stranded like 58 men on base yesterday.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was just looking at Boston's roster and was amazed to see that Chase Anderson is still a regular MLB player.

This guy was with us in 2020 was an absolute bum of a starter - put up even worse numbers than Tanner Roark - and at the end of the season with a 7.22 ERA and 6.16 FIP and 33 years old I figured his career was over.

But then he goes to Philly the next year and puts up numbers just as bad. And then to Cincinnati the year after and puts up numbers just as bad. And then to Colorado last year and puts up numbers just as bad. 4 straight years with an ERA of 5.75 or higher and now 36 years old, and somehow gets a job with Boston.

And his usage this year is spectacular and might be worth one of those Dorktown deep dives one day. He's appeared in 19 games. 15 have been losses including 13 in a row. The 4 wins were by scores of 9-0, 12-2, 8-1, and 6-1. 17 of those 19 games have been 'games finished'. Basically he's become the most specialized garbage time reliever in history who comes in and throws 2 innings to close out a game whenever the game is +/- 5 runs for Boston. He's an actual pitcher who is now filling the role of the position player throwing garbage innings, with about the same level of skill at it.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

It won’t be a decent prospect it’ll be a fringe AAAA guy or a lottery ticket. I’d prefer the later but if the first comes with some options there’s value there as well

Why not pinch hit for Kiermaier here?
How dare you question the genius that is our manager and his brilliance

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

We better not hold onto any player on an expiring contract. Get whatever scraps you can. Anyone who thinks this team can do anything if we just get in is dreaming. We aren’t beating top clubs sorry.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Schnieder is a f***ing loser. His treatment of the youngsters is disgusting. Horowitz, Barger and Davis have all been sat after great games for the likes of KK Springer and Turner the 3 worst players in baseball. Like fire this f***ing moron already. Not just one time either it’s been repetitive.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Atkins did it! 3 years of control left. That's going to be the boost we needed.

Depth signing but just funny these are the moves we get that potentially help way down the road, when help is needed yesterday.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Atkins did it! 3 years of control left. That's going to be the boost we needed.

Depth signing but just funny these are the moves we get that potentially help way down the road, when help is needed yesterday.
Did what? who did they sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad