Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Thu, May 23 | @ Det | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Gausman vs Flaherty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
he's done after the 26 season. I'd be happy to eat a bunch of that contract to unload him
Right, as I said, till he’s a free agent in 2027. He’s the highest paid Blue Jay. Good luck unloading this guy with his advancing age, his injury history, and declining level of play.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Have you not been paying much attention around here? No one has a positive message regarding the offence. No one is championing management anymore. No one like Schneider but that's not new. I've had faith that they could be good and they really could but no one knows what happened to Bo. Springer is done but somehow we refuse to move him or remove him altogether from the lineup. Why the F Vogelbach is still on this team is reason enough to fire whoever is making that call. Literally brings nothing to the table. Looks like a great clubhouse guy and that's about it. Kirk being this bad with the bat is surprising. It's just all broken apart now and it's not really a team you try and rebuild. This one needs to go down to the studs and be completely rebuilt and with a new GM. I want Atkins fired before we start moving pieces out.
Obviously the majority in here know this team is trash offensively but there is a small group who continue to champion a few of the slugs. You mention Kirk and Vogelbach, I had someone tell me Kirk is hitting well in the past month according to some stat and that Vogelbach got a key hit in one game thus justifying his spot on the roster. You and a few of these guys are the only ones surprised by how crap Kirk is. He’s just following his pattern from last season.

The team has the 5th worst record in the majors with runners in scoring position and second worst at producing runs. Similar to last season. Not many are surprised by these stats given the moves made by this management during the off-season. I think your “faith” in this team was misguided. I agree 100% this team needs to be torn down to its studs, but I don’t want Atkins doing the demolishing.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
120 games is alot and gives you a chance to get out of the hole they've dug themselves into. I haven't given up yet, but I am losing some patience.
During the first week of ST we went to a Philly game and most of their lineup was playing that day and we were comparing the difference between their lineup versus the Jays’. In late Feb the feeling was a lot had to go their way, like Bo being in MVP contention, for them to be in a playoff race.

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
120 games is alot and gives you a chance to get out of the hole they've dug themselves into. I haven't given up yet, but I am losing some patience.
This team is cooked, now let’s see if Atkins realizes this. Will he get to change the roster or someone else.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nobody fired? Still last place? Offense still a joke?

Toronto Blue Jays

Such a pile of shit. Keep losing
Does the manager make it to June? There’s what, 7 more losses this month? May as well keep him and clean house at the end of the season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They really should go with something like that

Schneider
Varsho
Vlad
Jansen

The 4 best OPS of the team.

Then

Turner/Bichette
Bichette/Turner
Springer
IKF/Clement
KK

Call Horwitz up and get rid of Vogelbach and play Horwitz when Turner needs a day off. When Kirk plays move everyone behind Jansen up and put Kirk 8th. They probably should look at finding a replacement for Kirk tbh i mean Jansen is often injured and Kirk's bat has not been mlb quality this year and was not much better last year.

I mean do something stop waiting for things to fix themselves magically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad