2024 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Where are the Stars jetting off to this year?

The sea breeze and quaint green gables of Charlottetown?

charlottetown-tpei.jpeg

Or maybe it's the rugged mountains and dry air of Boise?

Boise-Scenic-in-Fall-1024x683.jpg

Or could it be the international destination and alpenglow of Vail?

hero-int-mobile.jpg

Nope, it's here.

frisco.JPG

As Troy likes to remind us, Training Camp is VERY IMPORTANT because all decisions made here will remain in place for the ENTIRE YEAR except once we get to the playoffs because OH MY GOD IT'S THE PLAYOFFS PANIC

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's nice with the Stars having all of the contracts sorted out this season. It should make for a boring pre-season.

There are no mysteries about the roster other if maybe if the Arttu Hyry kid Shapiro said Nill likes a lot makes the NHL roster as their token Finnish checking line guy. Otherwise, there are no mysteries or real roster battles. Goaltending is set. The defense is also set with Bichsel having no chance of making the opening roster.

Reactions: redbeardtx

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
It's nice with the Stars having all of the contracts sorted out this season. It should make for a boring pre-season.

There are no mysteries about the roster other if maybe if the Arttu Hyry kid Shapiro said Nill likes a lot makes the NHL roster as their token Finnish checking line guy. Otherwise, there are no mysteries or real roster battles. Goaltending is set. The defense is also set with Bichsel having no chance of making the opening roster.
At least we get to watch all of the preseason games :)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Groups:

GX2HUXEX0AAO4u4.jpg

Drastic snap conclusions I'm drawing from this:

-All the people competing for the 4th line are in Group B (Steel/Blackwell/Back/Hyry/Blumel)
-Dumba is going to be on the top pair GOD HELP US
-They're trying Esa-Nils again (it was perfectly fine to start last season and then was abruptly abandoned for reasons)
-Looft

Reactions: Dallasman

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Heiskanen-Dumba
Harley-Lyubushkin
Lindell-Lundkvist

are the pairs to start

Honestly it's all worth it and I don't care what anyone else does if Miro stays on the left. 10 Norris trophies incoming

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Miro has a history of making his partner look better than he is - Polak, Oleksiak, maybe even Harley (which is a good reason bridge him now to see if he is for real on his own pairing).

The H-H pair can always be reunited during a game when the team desperately needs a goal.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Miro has a history of making his partner look better than he is - Polak, Oleksiak, maybe even Harley (which is a good reason bridge him now to see if he is for real on his own pairing).

The H-H pair can always be reunited during a game when the team desperately needs a goal.
Yeah, and the more I think about it Dumba running around trying to end people/put them through the boards means the opponent will have to account for him which could open up even more room for Miro to be a 3 zone rover. The only question is whether he can hang with the increased level of competition that pair will see.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And it's not like the Stars haven't tried to find RD guys to see who could play with Miro. That trade with the Rangers comes to mind. I think they'd previously planned on Oleksiak holding down the job before Nill miscalculated the Kraken expansion draft choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad