Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He hardly was in January when the rumors popped up.
And you misspelled Bruno.
Onana was terrible in UCL, but was solid in the PL.

Ask the Utd fans who their player of the season was. They gave up more shots than anyone. Onana kept them out of the relegation zone

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Onana was terrible in UCL, but was solid in the PL.

Ask the Utd fans who their player of the season was. They gave up more shots than anyone. Onana kept them out of the relegation zone
First, let me comment that.
It is absolutely wrong and totally a victim of recent bias.
I know everyone here claims the same thing as you, including the United fans.

Yet it's not true Onana was absolutely terrible in the first few months in ALL competitions.

Proof here :

And second, even if that were the case, does Europe NOT count? How can you discount the biggest competition?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
First, let me comment that.
It is absolutely wrong and totally a victim of recent bias.
I know everyone here claims the same thing as you, including the United fans.

Yet it's not true Onana was absolutely terrible in the first few months in ALL competitions.

Proof here :

And second, even if that were the case, does Europe NOT count? How can you discount the biggest competition?

no discount but I don’t think many teams would think it’s a good strategy keep throwing 40m-50m at goalies every season when that defensive line is much more necessary to be helped. Just an economic thing; especially with PSR impact

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Yeah Onana wasn't close to player of the season. Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo had better seasons overall. Maguire made less mistakes. Could even add McTominay because of his goals.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah Onana wasn't close to player of the season. Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo had better seasons overall. Maguire made less mistakes. Could even add McTominay because of his goals.
Are you paying 40m, at least, on goalies in back to back summers?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not like Donnaruma is flawless. He makes his fair share of mistakes too
He is frustrating in terms of going out for the ball and has made improvements with his feet.
But he's probably the best goalie in the world on his line. He's massive too.
Clearly not comparable to Onana.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There’s no way he leaves Italy, but supposedly LFC are looking into Calafiori. He’d be incredible but he’ll probably end up at Juventus like they all do.

They like Yoro BUT Real Madrid
The like Calafiori BUT Italy
They like Colwill BUT Chelsea
They like Branthwaite BUT Everton

Great targets and great excuses. Only the London teams and Italian teams don’t care about selling to each other and meanwhile LFC is just like “we don’t do that here”. I’d stop wasting time on Yoro if we know he only wants Madrid and take that money to one of these other three guys. Have to try to make something happen.

Yeah maybe Chelsea would rather sell Colwill to Bayern, Yeah maybe Everton would rather take a low ball United offer than sell across town. But you’ve got to try to make something happen at some point. We know these teams need money, you need to turn the screw At some point

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't read where this rumour is from, but supposedly Arsenal will be putting in a bid for Osimhen. I would have loved this last year, but if it is true, his laziness at times this season scares me, especially for that price tag.

The other big news is that Man United, Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea (and I think LFC) are all going in for a loan move for Xavi Simons via L'Equipe (so a pretty damn good source on that one). I guess whatever the team is, they will try to unsettle him and show how "amazing" it is outside of Paris.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Imagine going from Sakho to VVD lol.
Luckily we went from Sakho to VVD !

I haven't read where this rumour is from, but supposedly Arsenal will be putting in a bid for Osimhen. I would have loved this last year, but if it is true, his laziness at times this season scares me, especially for that price tag.

The other big news is that Man United, Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea (and I think LFC) are all going in for a loan move for Xavi Simons via L'Equipe (so a pretty damn good source on that one). I guess whatever the team is, they will try to unsettle him and show how "amazing" it is outside of Paris.
Don’t think it’s LFC, but it should be. If they need a Salah replacement, that’s about as good as you can get. But I don’t think Salah goes this summer

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad