Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season V - Toronto finally eliminates a Boston team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The greatest night in MLB history was 13 years ago but it was a disaster for Red Sox fans. I had the misfortune of being in Camden Yards 😭 In retrospect that night showed how baseball was still special.....

1727333323538.png

1727333148935.png

1727332976664.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ and MustardStew

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I give them credit, they played meaningful games til September. We need to true ace at the start of the rotation, move Houck, Bello, Crawford down the rotation to 2,3,4. Pick up a couple bullpen arms too and I think we will be in contention next season no doubt.

Infield seems set. Outfield seems set.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I give them credit, they played meaningful games til September. We need to true ace at the start of the rotation, move Houck, Bello, Crawford down the rotation to 2,3,4. Pick up a couple bullpen arms too and I think we will be in contention next season no doubt.

We need a top end closer next year, cannot see Jansen coming back ( I really don't want him back, especially at the money he made this year).
A RH power hitter is needed as well, can't see us resigning O'Neill, someone will give him a crazy deal after his 30HR season.
With MM / RA / KT getting close to making the team, we are too heavy on LH hitters.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Need left-handers specifically, starter and relievers.

As for the infield, what do they do when Story gets hurt in spring training and Grissom is hitting .150 in May?

Too many teams make the playoffs nowadays. I remember when it was the 3 division winners and 1 wild card.

Happening in all sports with play-in games, etc. Owners want more and more money from gate revenue.

Without that wild card this season, Sox season would have been done long ago.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
We need a top end closer next year, cannot see Jansen coming back ( I really don't want him back, especially at the money he made this year).
A RH power hitter is needed as well, can't see us resigning O'Neill, someone will give him a crazy deal after his 30HR season.
With MM / RA / KT getting close to making the team, we are too heavy on LH hitters.
They have Liam Hendriks under contract. The question is whether he's still a top-end closer.

Reactions: lopey

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Willy Adames would be a guy the Sox should be looking at this summer. He's gonna price himself out of Milwaukee with the year he's having. Good pop from the right side, although he does strike out a lot. Also solid defensively.

Great clubhouse guy as well.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Willy Adames would be a guy the Sox should be looking at this summer. He's gonna price himself out of Milwaukee with the year he's having. Good pop from the right side, although he does strike out a lot. Also solid defensively.

Great clubhouse guy as well.
I don't see the fit unless Story is moved, which I don't oppose. If that happens, move Mayer to 3B, move Raffy to DH and deal Yoshida. With all that said (er ... written), I think we'll see more trades than free-agent signings. With the emergence of Duran this season, along with Anthony in the minors, we might see someone like Miguel Bleis and others packaged in a deal for pitching.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That drop by Crawford HAUNTS me.

It was so similar to Benintendi's catch va Houston, except Benny caught it.

Can't believe it's been 13 years.
Crawford misreading the liner and getting caught between when he could've slid just epitomized him as a player. Lazy and not someone to go to battle with.

The lasting image for me of that night was smug ass Dan Shaughnessy next to Heidi Watney during the rain delay running his mouth about how the Red Sox season want ending that night.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Crawford misreading the liner and getting caught between when he could've slid just epitomized him as a player. Lazy and not someone to go to battle with.

The lasting image for me of that night was smug ass Dan Shaughnessy next to Heidi Watney during the rain delay running his mouth about how the Red Sox season want ending that night.
I dislike that man very, very much and I know the exact moment you're talking about.

Pisses me off even now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The final playoff spot in the NL looks like it's going to come down to the Braves and Mets, who have a doubleheader scheduled for Monday in Atlanta after their series was wiped out by the hurricane this week.

Not going to lie, that's pretty cool. Not very fair to the teams involved, but it's an entertaining way to end the year. One-game playoffs got eliminated by the new playoff format, so this is as close as we'll get. I just hope they go into it separated by one game and that the Diamondbacks lock up the other open spot by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad