GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Diaz hasn't pitched in a week, so I get it...but if they blow Game 1 tomorrow and he pitches in that one and Game 2 is a close game...woof.

Braves have the go ahead run at the plate once more here.

Schreiber gets Laureano and Murphy to strike out. To the 9th they go.

Diaz gets 26 pitches in and closes it out. Mets now need 1 win tomorrow.

Last edited:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Mets take care of business. Now rooting for a Braves rally so they aren't playing for their season tomorrow (and that being said, someone want to remind them they have a win and in scenario right now?).

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Royals assure we get chaos tomorrow!

So many questions that have to be answered but the biggest:

Does ATL start Chris Sale in Game 1 of the doubleheader? Or do they gamble that they can win that game with another pitcher (Schwellenbach or however you spell it?) and save Sale for the WC round? With the disaster scenario being you can start Sale in Game 2 of the twin bill.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
watch out, last 3 times the Royals made the playoffs, they won the World Series twice and went to another.

Unfortunately we’re talking about that taking place over 39 years.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Scenarios for tomorrow:

NYM sweep: NYM, ARI in
ATL sweep: ATL, ARI in
Split: NYM, ATL in

That said, Mets and Braves should seriously consider forfeiting one game of the DH each. Both make the playoffs, both keep their players fresh and their travel plans don't get messed up.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
watch out, last 3 times the Royals made the playoffs, they won the World Series twice and went to another.

Unfortunately we’re talking about that taking place over 39 years.

Kansas City is going to need someone other than Witt to step up offensively.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Mets and Braves should just each agree to forfeit one game of the DH

Both get in, both get rest.

Do it you cowards.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Something is clearly up with Sale, IMO. They are doing everything to avoid starting him.

Mets have no choice but to go with Severino and Megill, which one they start first is the big question. I think I would go with Megill, as much of a coward way of thinking that is. If you lose, you have Severino vs the dregs of the Braves bullpen in game 2, a game that means nothing for the Braves.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Something is clearly up with Sale, IMO. They are doing everything to avoid starting him.

Mets have no choice but to go with Severino and Megill, which one they start first is the big question. I think I would go with Megill, as much of a coward way of thinking that is. If you lose, you have Severino vs the dregs of the Braves bullpen in game 2, a game that means nothing for the Braves.

I'm not sure why the Mets don't just option one of their postseason ineligible players to AAA for an arm. Who is Atlanta gonna start in game 2 if they win game 1? Obviously not Sale. If you're the Mets you just go with Megill in game 1 and then just brutalize 2 long men BP arms in game 2 for like 4-5 a piece. Chances are very high this is gonna be a split with game 2 not being close at all. Could see like a 13-2 win for whoever loses game 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad