GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the back of my mind, it’s asking for trouble, but I’d like to see a Mets/Phillies playoff series since there’s never been one. Not sure I want it at the expense of the Brewers or Padres though.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Padres win.

The easiest way to sum up this 3 team situation:

Braves magic number is 1.

Mets magic number is 2.

Diamondbacks magic number is 2...but they only have 1 game that they can control the outcome of. They need help.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I am going to guess Atlanta will save Sale for the first game on Monday. Sale against a Mets offense that’s ice cold
Sale on 10 days rest who the hell knows what you’re getting. He’s had one start in his career where injury wasn’t a factor and he was off 8 days and he allowed 9 runs in 2.2 innings.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Padres with 2 homers take a 3-0 lead in the 9th.

Mets are very much alive. Very real scenario right now is the Braves have nothing to play for on Monday and it means everything for the Mets.
The Mets have to hope Atlanta wins today if they win and Arizona also does. That would basically guarantee they are in. I can’t see Atlanta really caring about game 2 of the DH, and they’d have a tough call to make on game 1, do you try to win it? I think you prefer to play Milwaukee and travel less and just lose both games

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Do the Mets still have the best record in baseball since May 30?

According to this, yes. Click 'After this Date' on middle of page.

In the back of my mind, it’s asking for trouble, but I’d like to see a Mets/Phillies playoff series since there’s never been one. Not sure I want it at the expense of the Brewers or Padres though.

Only way the can meet this year is in the NLCS, I think the large majority of neutral fans would be fine if that came to fruition. Would be a heavily watched series.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I say it every year with baseball and hockey, but there's simply no good reason to not re-seed. The NFL is the only major league who gets it right.

The bracket sucks.

oc4j2kbq3haah7ns3ls2.jpg

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
According to this, yes. Click 'After this Date' on middle of page.

Only way the can meet this year is in the NLCS, I think the large majority of neutral fans would be fine if that came to fruition. Would be a heavily watched series.
Padres right there with them in the NL.

Early in the season I remember talking about it being such a mess and was going to come down to getting hot, but it would be hilarious to see the Mets miss the playoffs despite being the best team in the NL for a plurality of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad