Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
No one should have to roll down their window for officers for minor traffic violations. Put your license and reg up to the window and they can put the ticket on the wiper.
This is non sense.
If Hill was respectful to the officers and complied with their request, there would have been no issue.
He would have been on his way in 10-15 minutes and has the option to hire a lawyer and fight the ticket.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
No one should have to roll down their window for officers for minor traffic violations. Put your license and reg up to the window and they can put the ticket on the wiper.
Yah, that's not how it works.
I mean come on. A request to roll down your window and keep it that way is certainly not a big ask. Of course in this case did you not notice the tinted windows?
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. I was like ummm, that's not how this works.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Legally speaking, biggoalbrad is correct. There's no legal requirement for you to do more in most jurisdictions. Having said that, there's not a cop on the planet that will be ok with that. They'll use it as an excuse to escalate the stop, get the dog, find more to either ticket you for or at least inconvenience you. Best to just cooperate and then fight it in the courts if they really overstep. Life is too short.

25 years in biglaw. Not a fake internet lawyer.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Legally speaking, biggoalbrad is correct. There's no legal requirement for you to do more in most jurisdictions. Having said that, there's not a cop on the planet that will be ok with that. They'll use it as an excuse to escalate the stop, get the dog, find more to either ticket you for or at least inconvenience you. Best to just cooperate and then fight it in the courts if they really overstep. Life is too short.

25 years in biglaw. Not a fake internet lawyer.
Florida is a stop and ID state. You are required to show your ID to police if you are pulled over for a traffic violation or a crime that the police have reasonable suspicion for

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Oh Christ! The poster who started this stupid premise.

"No one should have to roll down their window for officers for minor traffic violations."
That's different from refusing to "present" your license. There's a VERY important distinction there.

I don't want to bog this thread down, so I'm open to continuing this in the ot thread, but there is no legal requirement to do anything beyond presenting your license and reg and in some places proof of insurance. Window doesn't need to stay down. You don't need to answer any questions outside the scope of the stop, etc.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_1312.jpeg

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The humble Robert Kraft who probably thinks he's just as important as Brady/Belichick

Yup. Spends nothing on this years team but when they pull off a shocking win he has to be front and center for the camera's in the locker room after and take the spotlight from Mayo.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The humble Robert Kraft who probably thinks he's just as important as Brady/Belichick

Yup. Spends nothing on this years team but when they pull off a shocking win he has to be front and center for the camera's in the locker room after and take the spotlight from Mayo.
I will always be thankful beyond words that Bob Kraft stepped up and bought the Patriots when they were a hair away from moving to St. Louis. If you’re under 45, you probably have zero idea how close the Patriots were to just not existing anymore. For buying the team, and building Gillette Stadium, I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. THANK YOU, BOB. None of the joy the Patriots have brought us all would have been possible without him. Period.

New paragraph…

For a multi billionaire who owns what is essentially a mini kingdom in southeastern Massachusetts, he sure seems needy. Billions of dollars will buy an NFL franchise, but there is more humility in the cushions of my couch than that man will ever have. Maybe he’s trying to compensate for something? He’s a super rich guy who wants Johnny punch-clock to love him like he’s one of us.

Well, Bob, you’re not one of us. Yeah, you used to be a season ticket holder in the 1970s, but that was a long time ago.

Personally, I think Bob should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. For what he’s done for the Patriots and the NFL - he’s worthy. But if I were an HOF voter, his lobbying for himself is so distasteful to me, I wouldn’t vote for him until after he passes.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I will always be thankful beyond words that Bob Kraft stepped up and bought the Patriots when they were a hair away from moving to St. Louis. If you’re under 45, you probably have zero idea how close the Patriots were to just not existing anymore. For buying the team, and building Gillette Stadium, I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. THANK YOU, BOB. None of the joy the Patriots have brought us all would have been possible without him. Period.

New paragraph…

For a multi billionaire who owns what is essentially a mini kingdom in southeastern Massachusetts, he sure seems needy. Billions of dollars will buy an NFL franchise, but there is more humility in the cushions of my couch than that man will ever have. Maybe he’s trying to compensate for something? He’s a super rich guy who wants Johnny punch-clock to love him like he’s one of us.

Well, Bob, you’re not one of us. Yeah, you used to be a season ticket holder in the 1970s, but that was a long time ago.

Personally, I think Bob should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. For what he’s done for the Patriots and the NFL - he’s worthy. But if I were an HOF voter, his lobbying for himself is so distasteful to me, I wouldn’t vote for him until after he passes.
My guess is Bill, Tom, and Bob all get in there in that order. I don’t see Bob getting in before the coach and qb that made him the winning owner he is. And spot on regarding that need to belong angle.

Reactions: rfournier103

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My guess is Bill, Tom, and Bob all get in there in that order. I don’t see Bob getting in before the coach and qb that made him the winning owner he is. And spot on regarding that need to belong angle.
Every owner thinks they deserve to be in I think it will be tough for anyone active to get in while still alive.

If Bob wins one post Bill that will get him in but he's lost points for burying BB when it was time to part ways. Maybe there will be a run on living owners where they all put each other in and stroke themselves in which case Kraft 100% makes it.

Its funny that all 3 of these individuals at one time professed their love for the guy who killed the USFL but walked it back lol.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I didn't see it, was coming here to comment on his interceptions and how he's costing them the game tonight.

At the very least maybe he considers the guardian cap. But ya I would think retirement is on the table.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad