Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I would be down with that
I can think of 10 MLB teams off the top of my head that will be looking for starting pitching at the deadline. If the Sox wanna add, they're gonna have to overpay.

Minnesota, Houston, NY and Cleveland are all going to be active in the AL.

Very interested in seeing who ends up with Crochet and what they offer. That's a high risk, high reward move. He's got legit ace stuff, I'm just curious to see if he can hold up through the remainder of the season and post-season.

Reactions: CDJ

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I would be down with that
I see Jed Hoyer came out and said that barring a last-minute winning streak that the Cubs were going to be sellers at the deadline.

I like Taillon. A potential 2025 rotation of Houck, Taillon, Giolito, Crawford, and Bello is kind of intriguing, though. If they stay healthy, they could move Whitlock back to the bullpen. Would also mean they wouldn't HAVE to to add a starter this winter.

And as much as I've always been a Yorke guy... it's not like they don't have another right-handed 2B/LF right behind him in the system. Would probably depend on how the Cubs view Yorke.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad