Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Turner/Jansen OPS watch

Turner .724 / 107
Jansen .683 / 94
One is a backup/1B catcher, I don’t really understand the comparison. They don’t really fill the same role outside of being RHH

Turner would be a platoon DH here if we traded for him, I do not see the point there. Casas is on his rehab assignment so it’s not like we need a 1B, especially since Dom is hitting really well in the last month and doesn’t really have platoon splits (.292/.361/.569 in July, .721 OPS against both RHP and LHP for the year)

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
One is a backup/1B catcher, I don’t really understand the comparison. They don’t really fill the same role outside of being RHH

Turner would be a platoon DH here if we traded for him, I do not see the point there. Casas is on his rehab assignment so it’s not like we need a 1B, especially since Dom is hitting really well in the last month and doesn’t really have platoon splits (.292/.361/.569 in July, .721 OPS against both RHP and LHP for the year)
Sorry, should have expanded on it.

I think Turner is overrated with his inability to play defense. I bet they will end up with similar OPS.

Reactions: CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Your words - "Glad to see the Sox didn't give up much. Can't see them going anywhere this season."

They did little to nothing at the trade deadline which means they didn't try. You liked that they did that which equates to you agreeing with not trying to improve the team. You literaly typed you are glad they didn't because you don't seem them going anywhere. With that attitude why even bother playing the games? They aren't going to win so just forfiet the season.

Did they try to improve the team? Yes

Am I glad they didn't give up top prospects? Yes

Do I think they are good enough to go anywhere? No

You seem to be suggesting the Sox should have given up more of the future in order to take a shot this year. I don't think that would have been wise. Apparently, management also felt that way.

It's not an attitude, it's a rational assessment of where the team currently stands.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Did they try to improve the team? Yes

Am I glad they didn't give up top prospects? Yes

Do I think they are good enough to go anywhere? No

You seem to be suggesting the Sox should have given up more of the future in order to take a shot this year. I don't think that would have been wise. Apparently, management also felt that way.

It's not an attitude, it's a rational assessment of where the team currently stands.
Thanks for proving my point. Not good enough so don't do anything.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1000030969.jpg

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
And one of those games was a shutout.

Have been a Sox fan since 1960 and this could be the worst run of pitching/defense that I have seen.

Incredible.
It’s wild for sure

Breslow draft and actions show he’s addressing it could take time

Still think they get a 10 out of 12 or 13 run

He signed 14 pitchers just drafted, added 3 bullpen guys, a young starter ~ getting two very good relievers hopefully back & Hendricks throwing.

A for effort

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
series w/ Sea Wolves/Bisons continue tonight no starters announced or released yet or any injury updates ie Mayer from last night now that the trade deadline has passed

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
JD Drew when he was here lived next door in Newton to a friend of mine who he’s Bruins season tickets - and a bunch of folks here know.

When I was over his house one day Drew’s kids would occasionally wander into his yard to get a ball. JD came over early on to introduce himself and mention his kids / they were young and there was no fence just regular albeit pretty nice home.

My favorite story was my buddy occasionally getting trash cans same time JD was and chit chatting

JD per him you would never know was a Red Sox player ~ very nice as was wife

Always rooted for him extra after he moved in after signing

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
JD Drew when he was here lived next door in Newton to a friend of mine who he’s Bruins season tickets - and a bunch of folks here know.

When I was over his house one day Drew’s kids would occasionally wander into his yard to get a ball. JD came over early on to introduce himself and mention his kids / they were young and there was no fence just regular albeit pretty nice home.

My favorite story was my buddy occasionally getting trash cans same time JD was and chit chatting

JD per him you would never know was a Red Sox player ~ very nice as was wife

Always rooted for him extra after he moved in after signing
I loved JD Drew, very efficient player, got a lot of hate just from the fact that he replaced a beloved player in Troy Nixon who was very outgoing and and a blue collar hero while JD was reserved, introverted, and not exactly liked by the common man in the places he'd played before due to his contract negotiations and holdouts.

He was patient and worked walks instead of being a free swinger and a lot of old school fans hated that too. But I always rooted for him and that grand slam off Fausto Carmona was one of my favorite Sox playoff moments of all time.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I loved JD Drew, very efficient player, got a lot of hate just from the fact that he replaced a beloved player in Troy Nixon who was very outgoing and and a blue collar hero while JD was reserved, introverted, and not exactly liked by the common man in the places he'd played before due to his contract negotiations and holdouts.

He was patient and worked walks instead of being a free swinger and a lot of old school fans hated that too. But I always rooted for him and that grand slam off Fausto Carmona was one of my favorite Sox playoff moments of all time.
That Homer still gives me goose bumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad