Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Paulino will make the majors as a guy who can play multiple positions (including some SS) and hit RHP. Can’t hit a lefty if his life depended on it, but he’s age advanced for his level and is producing decently as a whole. He was blocked.

Coffey is also age-advanced for his level. He was absolutely nuclear in June but outside of that he’s been underwhelming in pro-ball despite his draft pedigree. Has a pretty good idea of the strike zone and some power, but he has hit tool concerns. He was also blocked.

Batista is a low minors lottery ticket arm that has some upside- he’s on the shorter side but has some projectability left because he’s skinny. Throws low to mid 90s as a teen. Control is a work in progress

I think you guys did really well in this trade
Thanks man! Appreciate it

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wong has a quick pop time and good arm but he’s really bad defensively outside of that (among the worst in the league at both framing and blocking). I like the idea of him getting AB’s at 2B against LHP

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thanks man! Appreciate it
NP. Paulino is the big piece for sure. I think he’s going to make it and be an effective player, Toronto just has to use him in specific situations. But he’s also young enough where if he figures out LHP and can get to merely below average against them instead of atrocious then he might be able to be an every day guy (.186/.300/.256 against LHP this year, .280/.360/.420 against RHP)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday Morning Baseball in France

1722210214608.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Skubal is perhaps the best pitcher in baseball

Seems like the rangers are buying so I doubt Nate is available. Flaherty has been terrific this year though, I definitely wouldn’t complain about him

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I would trade Mayer and lesser prospects for Skubal. Especially with Campbell breaking out. You need to get a number one starter somewhere and I believe he is controllable through 2027. He helps.this year and beyond which makes it worth it to me. I like Mayer but I also think his ceiling isn't as high as other top prospects. Just my opinion. If they want two of our top prospects it becomes harder to say yes, and I'm sure they will ask for at least two of.the top 4 or 5.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Skubal is perhaps the best pitcher in baseball

Seems like the rangers are buying so I doubt Nate is available. Flaherty has been terrific this year though, I definitely wouldn’t complain about him
You know I am ALL for Flaherty. That's who I want the Sox to target. He'd be perfect here.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don’t understand the lack of steals latey

1st and third with Rafaela on 1 and Smith up…..

Must steal situation, IMO

Reactions: Mione134

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sox have now given up 75 runs in the 9 games after the break.

Not likely to be in contention with that kind of pitching (and defense).

One major difference: Sox hitters chase. Yankees do not.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel ya. But if we're trading Kenley, who is out there to be the closer?
Slaten or Martin to bridge until Hendriks returns. Kelly until one of Slaten or Martin returns.

Or if they trade for a reliever with team control…that guy

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Treated myself to a birthday present this year. Arrived today. I collect the ‘57 set and have 3 more cards to go. It was either this, or a new set of golf clubs……I can wait on the golf clubs.

The white smudges are light reflecting off the case.
I'll trade you all of my Donruss Sam Horn rookie cards for that Robinson card.

715NWq1b7zS.jpg

Based on his 1987 season ( 14 HR and 34 RBI in 46 games ) I thought he was the next great bat for the Red Sox. I visited every card shop in Montreal and bought or traded for every single Horn rookie card I could find in good condition. You're getting a great deal - 137 cards for 1. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad