Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not having Martin and Slaten at the same time is very very unfortunate

Definitely would like a reliever or two more than anything else. Apparently they were in on Pearson and they are in on Luis Garcia

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They need pitching. So naturally they got a catcher.
You improve where you can when opportunity arises~ I loved it. You now play every game in theory with a right bat catcher who can do damage ~ McGuire gotta be a mess (no pun intended) after Colorado

Subtlety can pay off - I like this let’s see how goes

Martin & Slaton are the questions for me

Are they coming back and when ?

They had these guys they are winning games

If they aren’t they need an arm

Good to get Dealer Dave out of competition yesterday with Angels deal

Balls would be trading Mayer to Chicago and counting on Story and playing Rafaela as backup

Uber lower level stud SS Franklin Arias would be 2-3 years away

Ok guys tell me I’m crazy here

And I’m not adding any of the other top 10 guys

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The last two months, his OPS is less than .500.
I’ve been watching guys since late 60’s from Doyle Alexander to Rick Sutcliffe to hundreds of hitters get dealt and go on tears

Maybe he will suck but I would have done it and deal with consequences

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Here's an interesting piece of trivia I discovered tonight. I was watching the " 30 for 30 " episode about the 2004 ALCS and was wondering how the Red Sox acquired Dave Roberts. And then by going over some other trades on the Sports Reference site I found out how eventually trading away Roberts helped the Red Sox acquire a light hitting infielder who would end up managing the team to their 2018 World Championship.

July 31 - 2004: LA Dodgers trade OF Dave Roberts to Boston for minor league OF Henri Stanley
December 20 - 2004: Boston trades Dave Roberts to San Diego for Pitcher David Pauley, OF Jay Payton and INF Ramon Vazquez
July 7 - 2005: Boston trades Ramon Vazquez to Cleveland for INF Alex Cora
And Ramon Vazquez, who Alex Cora was traded for in 2005, has been on his coaching staff the whole time, now serving as bench coach.

Reactions: BostonBob

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Could abreu plus York plus any prospects outside of the big 3 land Brent Rooker?

If so, that’s my guy. You get a cost controlled O’Neil replacement then you can deal Yoshida in the off-season and retain salary.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Could abreu plus York plus any prospects outside of the big 3 land Brent Rooker?

If so, that’s my guy. You get a cost controlled O’Neil replacement then you can deal Yoshida in the off-season and retain salary.
I would do it. You never know with Oakland, their front office is weird. I think if Oakland was smart they would do it too

Rooker would be a perfect RHH going forward for this lineup

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Jays fan here, can anyone describe the kids we got back for Jansen. It’s a great move for you guys, Danny is upper tier defensive catcher and when he gets hot with the bat he tears the cover off the ball. His problem is he has massive cold spells at the plate also.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jays fan here, can anyone describe the kids we got back for Jansen. It’s a great move for you guys, Danny is upper tier defensive catcher and when he gets hot with the bat he tears the cover off the ball. His problem is he has massive cold spells at the plate also.
Paulino will make the majors as a guy who can play multiple positions (including some SS) and hit RHP. Can’t hit a lefty if his life depended on it, but he’s age advanced for his level and is producing decently as a whole. He was blocked.

Coffey is also age-advanced for his level. He was absolutely nuclear in June but outside of that he’s been underwhelming in pro-ball despite his draft pedigree. Has a pretty good idea of the strike zone and some power, but he has hit tool concerns. He was also blocked.

Batista is a low minors lottery ticket arm that has some upside- he’s on the shorter side but has some projectability left because he’s skinny. Throws low to mid 90s as a teen. Control is a work in progress

I think you guys did really well in this trade

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
AAA Worcester closing series in SWB; 3-0 Worcester after 6; Brad Keller started;

AA Portland plays at 5 to close series at Somerset; no starter named.... yet

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk why I knew they were gonna claim Yohan Ramirez. He’s an arm I guess, better stuff than Anderson but nobody has really gotten him to figure it out

Glad Jansen is viewed as a Reese replacement

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad