Pitching where I go

Pivetta is up and down but I sign him

The Red Sox DO N0T need

C
1B
SS
3B
OF

Probably 2B but Hamilton & Valdez are able to do well by Cora, Grissom ??? - Kristian Campbell is on a meterotic rise through the system and he’s a 2B

If you follow they are positionally set it’s just how good will they be?

Could they be ~ Yaz, Smith, Conigliaro or Rice, Lynn, Evans, or Greenwell, Burks, Benzinger, or Benintendi, JBJ, Betts ???

There have been 4 times last 60 years an entire young OF in a 1-4 year span all showed up

Right now it’s Duran, Rafaela, and all signs point to Anthony ~ Bleis though is also there and Abreu

How high can they go and will they keep them ?
Maybe not a 1B but I do think they could use some DH pop. I keep seeing Alonso’s name, but what about Christian Walker from the DBacks? 33, on pace for 40+ HR and 100+ RBI. Free agent after this year.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sea Dogs @ Fisher Cats 6:35; Starter Caleb Bolden;

Syracuse Mets @ Worcester 6:45 Dylan Gambrell starts for Worcester;

BOS @ NYY 7pm Houck starts

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Good interview in The Athletic with Sox Farm Director Brian Alvarez:

On what Marcelo Mayer has left to prove in Portland: "I think seeing more left-handed pitching, I think increasing his walk rate and narrowing that strike zone... Defensively, range to his arm-side, going to his right is something we’re focused on, working toward the baseball and those plays in the hole."

On Kyle Teel: "Then to consistently work, he has a ton of athleticism and ability to move behind the plate, just making sure those movements are consistent and precise and working positively, whether it be blocking balls or catching balls on the outer half to make sure they’re strikes."

On Matthew Lugo's adjustment to Worcester: "I would say while the surface numbers aren’t as strong as they were in Double A, he’s still impacting the baseball really hard. Maybe not at as high of a pace as he was in Double A, but he also was — you talk about dominating a level, that’s the type of performance that we’re talking about. Someone leading all of Double A in hard hit balls, barrels, any type of surface-level number or underlying number that you can think of, he was toward the top in Double A. So I think for him, it’s just adjusting to Triple A, the opposing teams, more advanced reports, better understanding and it’s taken more time for him to adjust but again when he does hit the baseball we’re still seeing the transferable numbers and that impact we saw in Double A, which to me is really exciting."

On Richard Fitts: "When he sits 95-plus, he’s a really good pitcher that can be a rotation piece for a major-league club and for the Boston Red Sox. When he’s operating at 95 and below, he tends to get hit a little harder and becomes someone who is not as impactful in the long term."

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and CDJ

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
George Costanza Bobblehead Night

1720218076824.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad