Prospect Info: 2024 prospect tournament in LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I’m wondering that as well as we may be going for some games.

Yea I was wondering because this tourney always seems to be for younger guys and Askarov is an older prospect, almost as old as Ty "I'm a prospect, right?" Emberson
(i haven't been on the boards much recently, is the Emberson joke stale to you guys? I've made that joke on another thread but I can stop if you want)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

U-tah's roster for this event, that's who the Sharks rookies play in their first game (I had no idea typing out the name of the state makes the logo appear, that's weird).

I'm seeing random people mentioning what happened with tickets: They aren't selling individual tickets to these games, but have instead made them a $200 weekend pass (apparently $400 if you're not a Reign ticketholder), which is absolutely insane.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away

U-tah's roster for this event, that's who the Sharks rookies play in their first game (I had no idea typing out the name of the state makes the logo appear, that's weird).

I'm seeing random people mentioning what happened with tickets: They aren't selling individual tickets to these games, but have instead made them a $200 weekend pass, which is absolutely insane.

Rotten.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
OK then, the next wuestion is whether this showcase has been televised in the oast and are they televising it this time? I just want to see Askarov, I dont actually need his autograph or anything. Not until he wins his first Cup or fights John Gibson ala Patrock Roy.

• Haha

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
OK then, the next wuestion is whether this showcase has been televised in the oast and are they televising it this time? I just want to see Askarov, I dont actually need his autograph or anything. Not until he wins his first Cup or fights John Gibson ala Patrock Roy.
It’s been said that they’ll be streaming on the LA site.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Guessing since he has played a few NHL games he is above this tournament?

Well, Graf and Muk are going, they've both been in the NHL. I just know some people were wondering if he'd be there.

It's a unique mix of players. Includes some of the new draft picks, all of the late-season AHL signings from last year, and a few guys who have missed a lot of time to injury (i.e. Guryev, Laroque, Russell).

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

So no Askarov. Some interesting inclusions, IMO.

Also, Bystedt is now #18, that's new.

I suspected Askarov (and the other Russians like Gushchin) wouldn't be playing in this. I think the only reason Mukh is is because he is also in the country for the NHLPA Rookie showcase as well. LSW probably gearing up for his Swedish men's league season, Chernyshov is injured, and the unsigned NCAA guys like Lund and Pohlkamp obviously aren't here either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad