2024 Prospect Poll #3

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Devon Levi, G (84/146 votes, 57.5%) (NC). Runner up: Jiri Kulich.
  2. Jiri Kulich, F (89/136 votes, 65.4%) (+1). Runner up: Konsta Helenius.

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2024-25 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2024);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Viktor Neuchev, Olivier Nadeau, Prokhor Poltapov, Alexander Kisakov, Ethan Miedema, Tyler Tulio, Tyson Kozak, Brody Ziemer, Lukas Rousek, Viljami Marjala, Jake Richard, Matteo Costantini, Aaron Huglen, William von Barnekow, Gustav Karlsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Linus Sjodin, Vasili Zelenov, Joel Berndtsson
  • Defensemen: Gavin McCarthy, Simon-Pier Brunet, Luke Osburn, Patrick Geary, Shane Keohane, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen, Ryerson Leenders

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
How much information do we have about Poltapov the last 2 years? I've seen almost nothing about him. I'm finding it impossible to gauge where he's at.
He played most of this past year for CSKA in the KHL, mostly as a 4th liner. He's got one more year left at CSKA before he theoretically comes over.

I'll be voting for him once Ziemer is on the board. Still think he's got a translatable skillset, and one that we don't have a lot of.

Reactions: old kummelweck

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
He played most of this past year for CSKA in the KHL, mostly as a 4th liner. He's got one more year left at CSKA before he theoretically comes over.

I'll be voting for him once Ziemer is on the board. Still think he's got a translatable skillset, and one that we don't have a lot of.
Thanks. I can see his KHL stats, but that's about all I've seen. Anyone seen footage or read any updated scouting reports?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks. I can see his KHL stats, but that's about all I've seen. Anyone seen footage or read any updated scouting reports?

I watched him a few times. *shrug* He didn't build off the end of the '22-'23 playoffs like I'd hoped. He has moments where he draws people in, gets them on his back and then makes plays. And there were other times where I was refreshing the page to make sure he was actually in the lineup.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I watched him a few times. *shrug* He didn't build off the end of the '22-'23 playoffs like I'd hoped. He has moments where he draws people in, gets them on his back and then makes plays. And there were other times where I was refreshing the page to make sure he was actually in the lineup.

That’s because he got kicked out of the game while the page was refreshing

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Helenius, add Rousek.

Rousek may not have the same ceiling as other guys, but he's basically NHL ready right now. Feels like that should get him in the 10-15 range...

Reactions: dire wolf

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1