2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It’s not a question of if, it’s when and how many!

IMG_6569.jpeg

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Prime JT is what screwed their team, I am pretty sure they realize he isn't an 11m player, he will sign extremely team friendly deals and they will have the rest of their core in their prime
It was the allocation of the $11M to a single player when it was known by everyone they needed depth, defense, and goaltending.

IMO, if Lou stays, then that team doesn’t sign JT and he allocates the money to defense and depth (Freddy was his acquisition). They probably get way farther under Lou than under Dumbo.

Reactions: PWJunior and JKP

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
People (mainly Toronto fans) will scapegoat Marner, and maybe that’s a bit justified with some of his play, but the core four for them don't exactly get it done come playoff time in general.

Matthews: 0.87 PTS/G, 0.43 G/G
Tavares: 0.65 PTS/G, 0.32 G/G
Nylander: 0.79 PTS/G, 0.36 G/G
Marner: 0.89 PTS/G, 0.20 G/G

Matthews is under point per game for his career in the playoffs despite being a point per game player every year of his career except for his rookie season. Tavares is a shell of what he once was and is putting up inexcusable numbers in the playoffs for a player making that kind of money. Nylander is the only one who truly lives up to expectations based on numbers, but Marner having the highest points per game in the playoffs out of the four is a bad look for a team that is probably going to run him out of town this offseason. Maybe Matthews needs to step up and actually put the numbers up in the playoffs like the other guys who he gets compared to do such as MacKinnon, McDavid, Kucherov, Draisaitl, etc. Maybe Tavares should play even somewhat close to an $11 million player.

Like I said, Marner for sure has his flaws, but he is far from the problem in that core group and even further from being the problem when the team as a whole is taken into account.

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Leafs team strategy as constructed is to out-score their mistakes. Fine for the regular season, doesn’t work in the playoffs. Gotta admire their dogged determination of year after year after year of running back the same philosophy and not learning. Kudos.

Reactions: Throttle

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
I still think it’s only fair if the broadcast cuts to leaf square after the leafs score, they should also cut to leaf square after losing on that OT goal as well.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I still think it’s only fair if the broadcast cuts to leaf square after the leafs score, they should also cut to leaf square after losing on that OT goal as well.
Worse than an Antifa training session

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This is pure gold and better than bitcoin . . . look at the Monopoly graphics

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Leafs team strategy as constructed is to out-score their mistakes. Fine for the regular season, doesn’t work in the playoffs. Gotta admire their dogged determination of year after year after year of running back the same philosophy and not learning. Kudos.

Dubas and his Strat-O-Matic crap really did a number on that team, it cracks me up that there are still dumbasses with shrines to Dubas in their mom's basement in Toronto even today.

• Haha
Reactions: Olliemets

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Dubas and his Strat-O-Matic crap really did a number on that team, it cracks me up that there are still dumbasses with shrines to Dubas in their mom's basement in Toronto even today.
I wonder what the xLeafsChoke/60 is

• Haha
Reactions: PWJunior

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He never gained the redline, however, it was a rocket of a dump in.
IDK, to me that's a no icing call 100 out of 100 times. His skates didn't gain the redline, but the puck was at the redline as he released it. Or at least close enough that they always give that to the player. They only call it if the puck clearly separates from the stick before the redline and you can see the puck alone on white ice before the line. Last night was too close to call.

That was all about timing, and nobody on TOR did anything to interrupt the timing (it wouldn't have taken much, either). They just left a clear path to the puck. And Pasta made an amazing play. At the speed he was going, and the speed at which he moved the puck to his backhand outside the post, for him to get the puck on goal with a little bit of elevation was remarkable. Most guys (like 499 out of 500) the puck would have dribbled off their stick, or they'd have put a weak shot into the goalie's pads.

Last edited:

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Man, I really do not like CAR, or their fans. I'd find them annoying even if they hadn't beaten us 3 times in recent years. I'd list players I don't like, but it's easier to list the ones I do like (actually, let me get back to you on that one). Brindy is annoying with his whining and his whiny face. The fans seem more interested in complaining about calls than about the game, and their knowledge level seems not to have increased much in the years they'd had a franchise. Man, again, I really hate CAR. Having said that, Go Canes!!!

• Haha
Reactions: PWJunior

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Man, I really do not like CAR, or their fans. I'd find them annoying even if they hadn't beaten us 3 times in recent years. I'd list players I don't like, but it's easier to list the ones I do like (actually, let me get back to you on that one). Brindy is annoying with his whining and his whiny face. The fans seem more interested in complaining about calls than about the game, and their knowledge level seems not to have increased much in the years they'd had a franchise. Man, again, I really hate CAR. Having said that, Go Canes!!!
i know, blasphemy....i can not pull for the Canes. I live here...it is a no go for me. With that said, hoping for a seven game series, each game going into triple overtime.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Bruins have lost 6 consecutive series clinching games.

Talk about a team missing a Chara.

Mentally, Boston looks fried. They are on their heels. Think Leafs blow them up in game 7.
Another Throttle prediction that thankfully didn’t come true

Reactions: Throttle

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I detest Carolina and their whiny ass fans. I think the amount of diving and embellishment of the Carolina players is f***ing disgraceful, Brindamoan is such a massive bitch considering what a tough player he was. I hope the Rags beat the shit out of that team for 7 games and watch them cry throughout the series. Canes in 7, I'll go back to hating them right after they dispatch those mouth breathing POS's in MSG.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Toronto has gone nowhere yet again, and JT had a measly TWO points this entire series. If he really wants to become maligned, then he hit it out of the damn park.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Nothing better then seeing Pajama boy and the leafs choke again!
Not to pile on #91, but if you watch the wide view of the OT winner it was Tavares who had an opportunity to take a quick stride towards Lindholm to make him either release the puck sooner (icing) or have to go around him to gain the redline, which would have required Pasta to wait at the blueline. The focus is on Marner, but there's plenty of blame to go around on that goal (and at least Marner was skating - Nylander's coasting was a really bad look).

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Toronto has gone nowhere yet again, and JT had a measly TWO points this entire series. If he really wants to become maligned, then he hit it out of the damn park.

It really is sad how far this dude has fallen, but he made his bed and has to lie in it in his PJ's. It still amazes me how badly he bumbled the whole fiasco surrounding his antics to join the Leafs. This schmuck is a HOF candidate and both Isles and Toronto fans will have a massive amount of vitriol for him. Well done dumbass.

Reactions: Glory Days and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad