GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Welp, looks like the draft board already got leaked...
"You can call me a mailman because I always deliver"

Mustapha Lemieux 2019

Sorry Macklin, we're going in a different direction

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Welp, looks like the draft board already got leaked...
Odd that they gave him my birthday...

Final mock from Pronman:

Demidov and Parekh crater through the first round. Calgary goes Demidov at #9 and San Jose goes Parekh at #11. Eiserman falls to Vegas at #19.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Odd that they gave him my birthday...

Final mock from Pronman:

Demidov and Parekh crater through the first round. Calgary goes Demidov at #9 and San Jose goes Parekh at #11. Eiserman falls to Vegas at #19.
Demidov falling to 9 would shock me

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Is Demidov is dropping you try and trade up to get him. Can you imagine Demidov, Celebrini, Smith, Musty and Eklund together?
I don't see him dropping and I think that CBJ take him. Lindstrom dropping would be less surprising because some teams are DND on him because of the back surgery. The closer we get, the less I have any idea who is going where as opposed to the usual clarification at this point in time.

Reactions: vortexy and Jargon

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don't see him dropping and I think that CBJ take him. Lindstrom dropping would be less surprising because some teams are DND on him because of the back surgery. The closer we get, the less I have any idea who is going where as opposed to the usual clarification at this point in time.

It’s been said ad nauseum but man am I glad we get the one consensus pick…

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Did he get back surgery? In my head he did 100% but then someone on the prospect board said he didn't and it looks like he had hand surgery and just rehabbed a disc herniation (just as scary as surgery IMO). At 11 I'd take the gamble maybe but disc herniations can be really bad and surgery is pretty hit or miss in terms of long term outcomes when compared to general PT/Rehab. I'm going on 10+ years with 2 fairly bad herniations and doctors to this day have said surgery is not worth it because it's 50/50 on if it helps.

For what it's worth I was like 21/22 when it first happened and while I wasn't a top 10 pick in the NHL in terms of fitness, I was training with goals of competing in bodybuilding so not a slouch either ha

• Wow

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Today is the day for me to do something new. I wanted to go to the draft in Vegas but my wife can’t go, so I will go to the tank with my boy.
I’m excited to watch this unfold with thousands of other fans. If you’re there with us, have a fun time. For those in Vegas, be safe and enjoy the festivities.

Today, Celebrini pulls on that teal sweater. Fabulous.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Thinking about it more, I’m starting to feel like the trade up to 11 was in fact to guarantee Eiserman. Lots of smoke about the Flyers wanting him at 12, plus the obvious Celebrini connection and BU connection…

Initially I was thinking the move was to guarantee one of the top 6 D (likely Yakemchuk) but I really do think it’s for Eiserman, and they’ll take him even if one of the D is there.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Thinking about it more, I’m starting to feel like the trade up to 11 was in fact to guarantee Eiserman. Lots of smoke about the Flyers wanting him at 12, plus the obvious Celebrini connection and BU connection…

Initially I was thinking the move was to guarantee one of the top 6 D (likely Yakemchuk) but I really do think it’s for Eiserman, and they’ll take him even if one of the D is there.
Not sure it is a guarantee that it is Eiserman, but it better positions you for a faller. If a guy doesn't fall, you take Eiserman and call it a day. Do I love the trade up for Eiserman? Not really. That said, if 42nd overall really determines our fate then we butchered plenty of other things along the way.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Does anyone have a list of defensemen outside the top 6 guys here with strengths and weaknesses or at least, breakdown of their styles and likelihood of making the NHL?
I'm familiar with jiricek, Solberg and love ej Emery, but who can we realistically be looking at with 33? Does anyone have , say a range of 25 to 55 for dmen available?

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I really hope Dickinson is there at 11 the teams from 2-10 have a mixed bag of needs like Columbus is in a SJ type situation and needs help throughout the line up but other teams like Seattle and Utah seem to need forward help a solid D prospect might actually fall in SJs lap or Grier goes full blown we will outscore everyone and drafts Esierman and signs a RFA/Ufa stud Dman

Reactions: WSS11

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011

Or we put the fake reports out there that we wanted Eiserman as a smokescreen when we thought we were at 14, so that our guy would fall past them. But then Buffalo called and we couldn't pass up on the offer. We'll never really know.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Not sure it is a guarantee that it is Eiserman, but it better positions you for a faller. If a guy doesn't fall, you take Eiserman and call it a day. Do I love the trade up for Eiserman? Not really. That said, if 42nd overall really determines our fate then we butchered plenty of other things along the way.
The Flyers want a C or D. Almost as universally as we want a D with our 11th OA. Them wanting another winger was always a false flag

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
I trust Pronmans final mock the most out of any out there and if it plays out with us getting Parekh that is amazing. However this draft definitely feels iffy and I think we are going to see surprises and trades this time with all the smoke around how unpredictable this class is etc. Jeff Marek with Friedman even says he’s heard Columbus is legit trying to trade the 4th OA and that the top 5 will go as follows Celebrini, Levshunov, Buium, Lindstrom, Demidov. Again I trust Pronmans final mock the most but this year feels different and I find it hard to believe Demidov slips all the way to 9 and Iginla goes 13 but we shall see!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad