GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Guys stop believing the journalists. They sell ads. Journalism has been dead for years it's now all in the hands of big corporations selling ads.

Top 5 overall picks are pretty much never traded. The reason is simple. Winning teams wont trade elite young players for a pick and they usually don't have a good enough prospects pool to acquire a top 5 pick.

Losing teams wont trade an already drafted and established prospect on his way to reach expectation for an equivalent pick. And guys like Necas do not land you a 4th overall Carolina would need to add like two 1st round picks along with him and that would not be wise for them to do so.

Every god damn year the media are like this top 5 pick will be traded bla bla bla and people buy it every god damn year and every god damn year nothing happen.
What I find absolutely annoying are those pseudo journalistic web pages like Habsolument Fan or else where every day I get a news title like "Mattias Brunet mentions a strategy to get Stamkos", or "this Reddit user thinks we can get McDavid, here's how". Seriously, who cares about what Brunet or any other analysts propose as a trade on broadcast or X. And even less about a effing Reddit user.

• Love
Reactions: LaP

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We rightfully have a rabid fanbase , we've been fed absolute garbage hockey for a quarter century. Literally some of the worst offensive hockey in the entire league up there with Arizona and Minnesota

The organization deserves zero benefit of the doubt , sorry but we are still a mickey mouse organization until proven otherwise , Or at least until they can ice a top 10 on ice product in the league something I've never seen in my lifetime.

Fanbase has the right to be rabid its the only major league sport in town and its been run by complete idiots

The fact you are ashamed of being a habs fan because of the fans more than because of the actual on ice product and how the organization has been run is insane to me .

Sure the fans can be dumb but when the people in charge are just as dumb or worst for the entire 21st century why are we even talking about the fans
I endorse this. The blind fanboyism is annoying. Team has sucked forever and the only reason why it was competitive is because they lucked out on a generational goaltender.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well not having a second is going to be a bitch, so long Koivu!

Really not sure if that was worthwhile, we'll see. Now what to do with the other stinking 7th picks.
We have two 3rd round picks at the beginning of the 3rd round (us and wild) so it'Ss not too bad. That 2nd round pick was at the very end of it it was the Colorado pick.

Reactions: vokiel

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Is there someone that they really want at that number or will the pick be traded again for a Dach/Newhook guy?

🤔

• Wow
Reactions: sampollock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad