GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
BriseBois is a great GM. He sees the writing on the wall with Stamkos and his diminishing game. That’s a big time name for that organization but he’s not caving for that factor. Unlike our previous GM crying when talking about f***ing Brendan Gallagher and signing a clearly finished product to a horrendous contract.
Nah…negotiation tactic by Brisebois, he’s got very limited cap space to work with and stay competitive, he knows Stamkos doesn’t want to leave TBay. Question now is, whether this tactic will backfire / does Stamkos take this as a personal affront?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
This thread needs to be studied.
Why? Behaviour is consistent with what's been happening on this board for last 20 years. This place is an outlet for anxiety because people are unable to control their base emotions or find other means of self-control. Net result is a groundswell of anxiety that percolates upwards into the atmosphere, descending in black rain that kills all our hopes and dreams. So yeah, business as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
feel bad for the guy but you gotta stand up for yourself man hahah it’s grant mcagg not scotty bowman
I think he probably wants to break into the world of sports media and part of that is being perceived as an easy guy to work with. Unfortunately when you're starting out you sometimes feel the need to just swallow your pride. Grant is a hack but Tony clearly has some pull in the MTL media seeing as he has had Bergevin himself on his show in the last and is at the draft right now. Grants co-host is with him actually which is probably why Grant is salty.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Montreal snubs Demidov to take Buium? If Corey is right, I can't wait to hear the reactions of Canadiens fans." - Marc Antoine Godin
Godin is late on his insider knowledge. Montréal won't be snubing Demidov for Buium, since Buium won't be there at 5 at this point.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the habs do take a dman with the 5th overall pick, I'm pretty sure we will either move up from the 26th pick to draft a forward like Eiserman, or trade for a 6 forward (Laine, Necas, Zegras) today

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gorton did say we want short term FAs. Stamkos would be on that list
I said a few months back, I’d throw a 3-yr / $27M ($9M AAV) deal his way w $24M in bonus payouts.

As I said back then, the only remote hope of Stamkos accepting would need to start by being offended by TBay’s offer / negotiation process

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I think he probably wants to break into the world of sports media and part of that is being perceived as an easy guy to work with. Unfortunately when you're starting out you sometimes feel the need to just swallow your pride. Grant is a hack but Tony clearly has some pull in the MTL media seeing as he has had Bergevin himself on his show in the last and is at the draft right now. Grants co-host is with him actually which is probably why Grant is salty.
It's wild that Grant still gets any respect (even in his replies on Twitter). He's got a very consistent track record of being a stuck-up, petulant child who takes any criticism of his rankings personally.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
BriseBois is a great GM. He sees the writing on the wall with Stamkos and his diminishing game. That’s a big time name for that organization but he’s not caving for that factor. Unlike our previous GM crying when talking about f***ing Brendan Gallagher and signing a clearly finished product to a horrendous contract.

should have traded him tampa weren’t sniffing a cup this year

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I still think one of Catton/Iggy/Eiserman will end up being the stars of the draft outside of Celebrini

Reactions: bopeep

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

i mean the shane fella is in vegas and grant is on his couch. People let themselves get walked over too often it’s sad to see.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
People getting worked up over Demidov as if they regularly watch MHL games. I do hope we take him but I admit all I have seen are stickhandling highlights. Nobody does that kind of thing in the NHL today.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nah…negotiation tactic by Brisebois, he’s got very limited cap space to work with and stay competitive, he knows Stamkos doesn’t want to leave TBay. Question now is, whether this tactic will backfire / does Stamkos take this as a personal affront?
Which is fine. At least he’s trying it. Meanwhile we re-signed Price to an absurd contract a year before his current contract had expired. Of course he had a mediocre season and we could have got him for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad