GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Dont know where you saw that, but everything i hear is Lindstrom at 4 to CLB
I mean if Levshunov go #2, sennecke to ANA, I could see CLB take a shot at Demidov or trading their pick to a team interested in him and couple teams passing him in to start the defenseman parade (Silayev,Buium,Dickinson)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Going to take quite a bit to move from 11 to 5. AVs first wouldn't do it. Unless Konency was in it. But doubt Philly would.

I would call Philly offer 5 for 11, Farabee and Flyers first next year top 5 protected.

1000000314.jpg

I don't know maybe they all have food poisoning with explosive diarrhea.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He’s injured because he’s over-utilized in defensive assignations because we have nobody else. If he leaves, who will fill the load? It takes about five years for Ds to learn how to play with the big boys. Unless we replace Guhle with an experienced D, it’s a great recipe for disaster.

We’ll never agree here. So enough for me. Enjoy your draft, man. Prolly our last ‘exciting’ one in years.

No, not at all, Guhle was injured every year since he's 14.

He's injured because he consistently plays over his limits.

We don't really disagree, I just think he's more replaceable than Demidov by a lot.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't know who made that 2nd overall argument as I don't have time to read previous pages on this rapidly moving thread but Michkov was ranked 5th on Bobby Mac's poll of scouts last year and Demidov is ranked #2. Of course every team has a different list and this year there lists are more variable as there isn't much separating the next ~10 picks after Celebrini which is why there is so much uncertainty in where players ranked near the top will go. This is the only thing all the hockey pundits seem to be unanimous about.

The Russian factor will always be there plus we keyboard warriors don't personally know the players and haven't interviewed them in person. NHL scouting teams have done their homework on all the players. Russians are more difficult to evaluate in this sense as scouts don't have as much access to view them live, talk to coaches, teammates etc.
Has there actually been any top 6F/3D Russian that refused to come over ? I think no. The only guys who bolt or do not come over are the ones that arent that good and will have o play in the AHL or the 4th line, so they prefer to stay. Top Russians always come over. So to me the only Russian issues are viewing, and thats recent..

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Top defense prospects:
David Reinbacher
Lane Hutson
Logan Mailloux
Adam Engstrom
Bogdan Konyushkov

Top forward prospects:
Joshua Roy
Owen Beck
Sean Farrell
Filip Mesar
Yeah.

I get the importance of a potential top pairing D, but at some point they have to fix the top 6 forward group. They can’t neglect it.

At some point they’ll have to choose a forward over a D, whether it’s at the draft or in a trade. The “D > F” argument will be there either way, but they’re building a team … everything can’t be analyzed in a vacuum.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The fact that Demidov came to the Florida combine, is almost 6'1 and over 190 pounds, speaks decent english and says he is not signing an extension in Russia...with all that said...do you really think he slides to #5?
hope.... but gut feel no he does not

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The fact that Demidov came to the Florida combine, is almost 6'1 and over 190 pounds, speaks decent english and says he is not signing an extension in Russia...with all that said...do you really think he slides to #5?
No. Hence why I picked Buium in the poll. But if available, I’m confident Montreal will make the right choice and pick him.

Reactions: Tyson

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
He slides all the way to 9 in Pronmans mock draft this am.

• Wow
Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I mean, did we not learn a thing from last years draft? I’m having fun participating in the madness but am really expecting nothing too.
Something about being in Vegas brings out the crazy stuff. Expect more movements than usual especially with the Cap increasing.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I would not be shocked at all if Chicago takes Demidov.
I would be so shocked if...they don't take him

For me there is zero chance that they pass on that talent..zero

I hope so but I can't imagine this team pass on a chance to draft a superstar winger..playmaker for their sniper Bedard

Reactions: dralaf and Tyson

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Well there is a scenario where MTL takes Buium and its by default:

SJ -Celebrini
CHI- Demidov
ANA - Lebshunov
CLB - Lindstrom
MTL........

Reactions: Milhouse40

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would be so shocked if...they don't take him

For me there is zero chance that they pass on that talent..zero

I hope so but I can't imagine this team pass on a chance to draft a superstar winger..playmaker for their sniper Bedard
Yep another Crosby/Malkin tandem

I don't like the idea of someone trading up to 4.
The Habs have such a good pool of solid young D, they should be the ones making these types of moves.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad